Luck Die: d2.
To become a warden arcanist, one must meet the following criteria:
- Alignment: Any non-evil.
- Skills: Spellcraft 7+ ranks.
- Feats: Endurance, Track.
- Spellcasting: Must be able to cast 2nd-level arcane spells.
- Special Ability: Favored Enemy.
- Special: Must pass an initiation test and swear an oath of allegiance to the High Council, an oath that is enforced by their fellow wardens.
- The warden arcanist's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft: Any (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Heal (Wis), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Knowledge: Arcana (Int), Knowledge: Nature (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Profession: Any (Wis), Spellcraft (Int), Survival (Wis), Swim (Str), and Use Rope (Dex).
- Note: Because the Three Worlds campaign uses the Skills by Character house rule, the list of class skills given here is only included for the sake of completeness, and is not used by characters in the campaign setting.
- Skill Points at each level: 4 + Intelligence modifier.
All of the following are class features of the warden arcanist prestige class.
- Base Attack Bonus: Average. A warden arcanist gains +¾ base attack bonus per class level.
- Base Fortitude Save Bonus: Poor. A warden arcanist gains +1⁄3 base Fortitude save bonus per class level.
- Base Reflex Save Bonus: Poor. A warden arcanist gains +1⁄3 base Reflex save bonus per class level.
- Base Will Save Bonus: Good. A warden arcanist gains a +½ base Will save bonus per class level.
- Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: A warden arcanist gains proficiency with all simple and martial weapons. A warden arcanist gains no new proficiency with any armor or shields. Armor of any type interferes with the warden arcanist's arcane gestures, which can cause his spells to fail (if those spells have somatic components).
- Spells per Day: When a new warden arcanist level is gained, the character gains new spells per day as if he has also gained a level in an arcane spellcasting class he also have levels in. He does not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that arcane spellcasting class would have gained (metamagic or item creation feats, and so on). This essentially means that he adds the level of warden arcanist to the level some other arcane spellcasting class the character has, then determines spells per day and caster level accordingly.
- Warden Spells: Warden arcanists add the spells on the Warden Spell List to their arcane caster spell lists. When the warden arcanist gains new spells, at least one of his new spells at each applicable level must be chosen from this list.
- Favored Enemy Focus (Ex): At 1st level, the warden arcanist may add +2 to the DC for all saving throws against spells he casts against creatures belonging to any of his favored enemies. The bonus increases to +3 at 5th level, and +4 at 9th level.
- Favored Enemy Damage (Ex): At 2nd level, the warden arcanist may add +1 damage per die to all damage-dealing spells he casts against a creature belonging to any of his favored enemies. Thus, a fireball cast against a favored enemy deals 1d6+1 points of damage per caster level (up to the usual maximum dictated by the spell description). The bonus per die increases to +2 at 6st level, and +3 at 10st level.
- Sprint (Ex): At 3rd level, a warden arcanist may take the charge action to move three times his normal speed.
- Tireless (Ex): At 3rd level, a warden arcanist learns to endure the hardships and constant travel associated with their training and lifestyle. The DC for their Constitution checks doesn't suffer the normal circumstance penalty when warden scouts run for a number of rounds greater than the Constitution score
- Favored Enemy: At 4th level, a warden arcanist has served the Council long enough to learn the ways of the Council's most prominent enemies. The warden scout may select a favored enemy from among those given on the Warden Favored Enemies table, or another type of favored enemy approved by the DM. The warden arcanist gains a +2 bonus on Bluff, Listen, Sense Motive, Spot, and Survival checks when using these skills against creatures of this type. Likewise, he gets a +2 bonus on weapon damage rolls against such creatures. At 8th level, the warden arcanist may select an additional favored enemy from those given on the table. In addition, at such time, the bonus against any one favored enemy (including the one just selected, if so desired) increases by 2. If the warden arcanist chooses humanoids or outsiders as a favored enemy, he must also choose an associated subtype, as indicated on the table. If a specific creature falls into more than one category of favored enemy, the warden arcanist’s bonuses do not stack; he simply uses whichever bonus is higher. This bonus stacks with any similar bonus a warden arcanist may have if he has ranger levels.
Aberration Magical beast Animal Monstrous Humanoid Construct Ooze Dragon Outsider (air) Elemental Outsider (chaotic) Fey Outsider (earth) Giant Outsider (evil) Humanoid (alvari) Outsider (fire) Humanoid (aquatic) Outsider (good) Humanoid (dwarf) Outsider (lawful) Humanoid (goblinoid) Outsider (native) Humanoid (gnome) Outsider (water) Humanoid (halfling) Plant Humanoid (human) Undead Humanoid (orc) Vermin Humanoid (reptilian)
- Great Fortitude: At 7th level, a warden arcanist gains the Great Fortitude feat as a bonus feat.
Spells per Day
|1st||Favored Enemy Focus +2, Warden Spells||+1 arcane spellcasting level|
|2nd||Favored Enemy Damage +1||+1 arcane spellcasting level|
|3rd||Sprint, Tireless||+1 arcane spellcasting level|
|4th||Favored Enemy||+1 arcane spellcasting level|
|5th||Favored Enemy Focus +3||+1 arcane spellcasting level|
|6th||Favored Enemy Damage +2||+1 arcane spellcasting level|
|7th||Great Fortitude||+1 arcane spellcasting level|
|8th||Favored Enemy||+1 arcane spellcasting level|
|9th||Favored Enemy Focus +4||+1 arcane spellcasting level|
|10th||Favored Enemy Damage +3||+1 arcane spellcasting level|
Home Prestige Classes