Vargr social organization is not easily comprehensible to outsiders. Analogies from history are prone to be easily misinterpreted. There are as many, if not more, distinct Vargr societies as there are Human ones. The key elements that characterize Vargr societies are strong emphasis on collective and informal lines of authority and and equally strong tendency to pack-tribe-nation loyalty.
Vargr Racial Template [21 points]
- Acute taste/smell +3 [6 points]
- Acute vision +1 [2 points]
- Claws (+2 damage) [15 points]
- Enhanced Move 1 (doubles Move, with the limitation that running fatigue begins after 5 seconds -30%) [14 points]
- Fur (DR 1, keeps warm) [5 points]
- Teeth (1d-1 bite in close combat) [5 points]
- Cannot kick [-5 points]. Due to their digitigrade posture, Vargr cannot kick in close combat unless a foe is prone and the Vargr is standing, in which case they can stamp downward. This disadvantage's cost is set at -5 points, cancelling the point cost Vargr pay for having sharper than normal teeth.
- Chummy [-5 points]. This is the famous Vargr gregariousness, a "pack mentality" that leaves them happiest when in groups they have come to find trustworthy, whether among Vargr or not.
- Curious [-5 points]. Even more than Humans, a Vargr will go out of his way to investigate new things.
- Easy to Read [-10 points]. Vargr find hiding their feelings an alien concept. Even if the Vargr doesn't say what he thinks, which he usually will, posture, facial expression, and ruffled fur are all easy for other Vargr to read. These cues are also fairly obvious to Humans, as Vargr are descended from canines and Humans have been reading their dogs' body language for millennia. The correlation is not total, but comes close enough.
- Proud [-1 point]. Vargr are always concerned with their own status within any individual group, and that group's status in society. They are also quick to take offense at racial slights.
- Reduced Fatigue (-1 fatigue) [-3 points]. Vargr are good sprinters, but lack the long-distance endurance of Humans.
- Reduced Hit Points -1 [-2 points]. The lighter Vargr build results in the average Vargr having an HT of 10, but only nine hit points.
- Reputation -2 [-10 points]. Vargr have a universal reputation as chaotic, easily swayed, and potentially disloyal.
Major Races Third Imperium Home