Luck Die: d3.
To become an embermage, one must meet the following criteria:
- Skills: Knowledge: Arcana 10+ ranks.
- Feats: Endurance, Spell Focus (Evocation), Spell Penetration.
- Alignment: Nongood.
- Special: Ability to cast 3rd level arcane spells including at least five spells of the fire type and no spells of the cold type.
- Special: You must have been reduced to negative hit points entirely through damage by fire or have been killed by a fire attack.
- Special: You can use no spell or item that provides protection against fire. Doing so prevents the use of embermage abilities until the protection ends.
- Special: Must join the cult of Tuliherra.
- The embermage's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Concentration (Con), Craft: Any (all skills taken individually)(Int), Knowledge: Any (all skills taken individually)(Int), Profession: Any (all skills taken individually)(Wis), and Spellcraft (Int).
- Note: Because the Three Worlds campaign uses the Skills by Character house rule, the list of class skills given here is only included for the sake of completeness, and is not used by characters in the campaign setting.
- Skill Points at each level: 2 + Intelligence modifier.
All of the following are class features of the embermage prestige class.
- Base Attack Bonus: Poor. An embermage gains +½ base attack bonus per class level.
- Base Fortitude Save Bonus: Good. An embermage gains +½ base Fortitude save bonus per class level.
- Base Reflex Save Bonus: Poor. An embermage gains +⅓ base Reflex save bonus per class level.
- Base Will Save Bonus: Good. An embermage gains a +½ base Will save bonus per class level.
- Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: Embermages gain no new proficiency with any arms or armor.
- Spellcasting: When an odd-numbered embermage level is gained, the character gains new spells per day as if he had also gained a level in whatever arcane spellcasting class he belonged to before he added the prestige class. He does not, however, gain any other benefit of a character of that class would have gained. This essentially means that he adds the level of embermage to the level of whatever other spellcasting class the character has, then determines spells per and caster level accordingly. If a character had more than one arcane spellcasting class before he became an embermage, he must decide to which arcane spellcasting class he adds each level of embermage for the purpose of determining spells per day.
- Burning Touch (Sp): The embermage can call flames to the tips of his fingers as a free action, inflicting 1d4 + 1 point per class level of fire damage (maximum +5) if touched to a foe. The touch attack is handled normally. The flames can set flammable objects like paper alight. The flames last for 1 round. These flames come from within the character, inflicting 1 point of damage upon him each time he uses this ability.
- Burning Blood (Sp): The embermage can cut himself as a standard action, inflicting 1 to 5 points of damage upon himself as he chooses. His gflaming blood gushes from the wound, causing everyone within 5 feet 1d6 points of damage for each point of damage the embermage suffered.
- Fingers of Fire (Sp): Calling fire to the tips of his fingers, the embermage can launch one to five spurts of flame in a single round at targets up to 30 feet away. If firing multiple spurts, the embermage can target different foes, but no two can be more than 10 feet apart. Each spurt requires a ranged touch attack and inflicts 2d6 points of damage. Each spurt inflicts 2 points of damage to the embermage as well.
- Burning Blood Backlash (Su): Whenever the 6th level embermage suffers damage from a slashing or piercing attack, the resulting spurt of inner fire and burning blood inflicts 1d6 points of fire damage upon the attacker if he is within 5 feet.
- Tongue of Fire (Sp): Once per day, the 8th level embermage can spit two gouts of flame as a standard action. One forms a flaming shield that provides a +3 armor bonus with no armor check penalty or spell failure chance. The other forms a flame blade, as a spell of the same name. The shield and blade last for 10 minutes.
- Eyes of Fire (Sp): Once per day, the embermage can shoot from his eyes a blast of fire 5 feet wide and 100 + 10 feet per class level log. All within this area must make Reflex saving throws (DC 10 + the embermage's Intelligence modifier + the embermage's class level) or suffer 1d6 points of fire damage per embermage class level (maximum 10d6). This fire is so hot that even creatures immune to fire suffer half damage and characters with fire resistance only get half their normal resistance.
- Internal Explosion (Sp): Once per day, at 10th level, the embermage can call upon his most dreaded power. He can temporarily transfer the ultra-hot flame within himself to some other victim or victims. This works exactly like the spell implosion, except that the target explodes in flame. The save DC is equal to 10 + the embermage's Intelligence modifier + the embermage's class level. Creatures immune to fire suffer no damage. but characters with fire resistance have no special protection.
|1st||Burning Touch||+1 level of existing class|
|3rd||-||+1 level of existing class|
|4th||Fingers of Fire||-|
|5th||-||+1 level of existing class|
|6th||Burning Blood Backlash||-|
|7th||-||+1 level of existing class|
|8th||Tongue of Fire||-|
|9th||Eyes of Fire||+1 level of existing class|
Home Prestige Classes