(from Complete Warrior; originally the Samurai class)
Alignment: Any lawful.
Hit Die: d10.
Luck Die: d4.
- Skill List: The voják's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Concentration (Con), Craft: Any (all skills taken individually) (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge: History (Int), Knowledge: Nobility and Royalty (Int), Ride (Dex), and Sense Motive (Wis).
- Note: Because the Three Worlds campaign uses the Skills by Character house rule, the list of class skills given here is only included for the sake of completeness, and is not used by characters in the campaign setting.
- Skill Points at 1st Level: (2 + Intelligence modifier) x 4.
- Skill Points at Each Additional Class Level: 2 + Intelligence modifier.
All of the following are class features of the voják:
- Base Attack Bonus: Good. A voják gains +1 base attack bonus per class level.
- Fortitude Base Save Bonus: Good. A voják gains a +2½ base Fortitude save bonus at first level, and an additional +½ base Fortitude save bonus per class level.
- Reflex Base Save Bonus: Poor. A voják gains +1⁄3 Base Reflex save bonus per class level.
- Will Base Save Bonus: Poor. A voják gains +1⁄3 base Will save bonus per class level.
- Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A voják is proficient with all simple and martial weapons, and with all types of armor, but not with shields.
- Daisho Proficiency (Ex): In melee combat, a voják favors the vardatch (almost always a masterwork crafted vardatch) and the butterfly sword (usually a masterwork butterfly sword). Many voják receive a set of these two blades from their hive queen to use in her service. Because a voják is trained in their use, she gains the feats Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Vardatch and Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Butterfly Sword as bonus feats.
- Two Swords as One (Ex): At 2nd level, a voják has learned to wield the vardatch and butterfly sword together. She is treated as having the Two-Weapon Fighting feat when wielding a vardatch and butterfly sword even if she does not meet the prerequisites for that feat.
- Kiai Smite (Ex): Once per day, a voják of 3rd level or higher can give a great cry during combat that invigorates her. When a voják shouts (a free action), her next attack gains a bonus on the attack roll and the damage roll (if any) equal to her Charisma bonus (minimum 1). As a voják gains levels, she can make a kiai smite more often.
- Iaijutsu Master (Ex): By 5th level, a voják has become adept at iaijutsu, a fighting technique that concentrates on drawing her weapons and striking a foe in one fluid motion. She is treated as having the Quick Draw feat, but only when she draws her vardatch or butterfly sword.
- Staredown (Ex): At 6th level, a voják becomes able to strike fear into her foes by her mere presence. She gains a +4 bonus on Intimidate checks and can demoralize an opponent as described in the Intimidate skill description in the Player's Handbook.
- Improved Initiative (Ex): At 8th level, the voják has practiced iaijutsu techniques used in ritual duels between two voják, and she is able to anticipate when any enemy will attack. She now has the Improved Initiative feat.
- Mass Staredown (Ex): At 10th level, a voják has sufficient presence that she can cow multiple foes. Using an Intimidate check, a voják can demoralize all opponents within 30 feet with a single standard action.
- Improved Two Swords as One (Ex): At 11th level, a voják's prowess with the vardatch and butterfly sword improves. She is treated as having the Improved Two-Weapon Fighting feat when wielding a vardatch and butterfly sword, even if she does not meet the prerequisites for the feat.
- Improved Staredown (Ex): At 14th level, even a glance from the hard eyes of a voják is enough to give her foes pause. The voják can demoralize opponents within 30 feet as a move action, not a standard action.
- Greater Two Swords as One (Ex): At 16th level, fighting with a vardatch and butterfly sword becomes second nature for a voják. She is treated as having the Greater Two-Weapon Fighting feat when wielding a vardatch and a butterfly sword, even if she does not meet the prerequisites for the feat.
- Frightful Presence (Ex): A 20th-level voják's bravery, honor, and fighting prowess have become legendary. When the voják draws her blade, opponents within 30 feet must succeed on a Will save (DC 20 + voják's Charisma modifier) or become panicked for 4d6 rounds (if they have 4 or fewer Hit Dice), or shaken for 4d6 rounds (if they have from 5 to 19 Hit Dice). Creatures with 20 or more Hit Dice are not affected. Any foe that successfully resists the effect cannot be affected again by the same voják's frightful presence for 24 hours.
Two swords as one
Kiai smite 1/day
Kiai smite 2/day
Improved two swords as one
Kiai smite 3/day
Greater two swords as one
Kiai smite 4/day
Ex-Voják: A voják must be of lawful alignment and dishonors herself if she ever willingly commits a chaotic act or violates the core principles of the voják code which are honor, loyalty, and courage. A voják who becomes nonlawful or violates the tenets of the voják code cannot gain new levels as a voják and loses all voják class features that depend on Charisma or Charisma-based checks. Minor embarrassments don't count, but major breaks with the code do. Acts that could lose a voják her status include disobeying an order from a superior officer or hive queen, fleeing in cowardice from an important battle, being caught in a major lie or other breach of integrity, and appallingly rude behavior. She can regain her class features and the ability to progress in the class if she atones for her violations (see the atonement spell in the Player's Handbook) assuming the hive queen they serve offers a chance at redemption. Some disgraced voják take levels in the ronin prestige class.
Home Base Classes