(from the White Wolf Quarterly/Sword & Sorcery Insider: Vol. 3.2 (Spring 2005))
Hit Die: d12.
Luck Die: None.
- Skill List: The deathbound's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Bluff (Cha), Craft: Any (Int), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), and Jump (Str).
- Note: Because the Three Worlds campaign uses the Skills by Character house rule, the list of class skills given here is only included for the sake of completeness, and is not used by characters in the campaign setting.
- Skill Points at 1st Level: (2 + Intelligence modifier) x4.
- Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 2 + Intelligence modifier.
All of the following are class features of the deathbound:
- Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Deathbound are proficient with all simple weapons and light armor.
- Base Attack Bonus: Average. A deathbound gains +¾ base attack bonus per class level.
- Base Fortitude Save Bonus: Poor. A deathbound gains +1⁄3 base Fortitude save bonus per class level.
- Base Reflex Save Bonus: Poor. A deathbound gains +1⁄3 base Reflex Save bonus per class level.
- Base Will Save Bonus: Good. A deathbound gains a +2½ base Will save bonus at first level, and an additional +½ base Will save bonus per class level.
- Deathbound Armor: Due to the unnatural hardiness of the undead, each level gained of the deathbound class grants the character an additional +1 natural armor bonus to their Armor Class.
- Deathbound Strength: The deathbound gain preternatural strength, gaining a +1 bonus to their Strength score for each level of the deathbound class.
- Slam (Ex): A deathbound gains a slam attack that deals 1d6 points of bludgeoning damage.
- Increased Hit Die (Ex): The deathbound's body possesses the toughness and resilience of undeath. Whenever he gains a hit die, he uses the next largest one instead of the normal hit die for his chosen class. For example, a deathbound who gains a wizard level rolls 1d6 for hit point rather than 1d4. A deathbound who would roll 1d12 for hit points (for taking a barbarian class level, for example) would roll 1d12+2.
+1 natural armor bonus to Armor Class, +1 Strength
+1 natural armor bonus to Armor Class, +1 Strength, slam
+1 natural armor bonus to Armor Class, +1 Strength, increased hit die
Home Base Classes