Luck Die: (d4 + 1).
To become a fleet runner, one must meet the following criteria:
- Alignment: Neutral Good.
- Base Will Save: +3.
- Skills: Knowledge: Nature 11+ ranks, Knowledge: Religion 3+ ranks, Survival 5+ ranks.
- Feats: Dodge, Mobility, Run.
- Spell Casting: Must be able to cast divine spells.
- Special: Must have Syfa as their patron deity.
- The fleet runner’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Concentration (Con), Heal (Wis), Hide (Dex), Knowledge: Nature (Int), Knowledge: Religion (Int), Move Silently (Dex), and Survival (Wis).
- Note: Because the Three Worlds campaign uses the Skills by Character house rule, the list of class skills given here is only included for the sake of completeness, and is not used by characters in the campaign setting.
- Skill Points at each level: 4 + Intelligence modifier.
All of the following are class features of the fleet runner of Syfa prestige class.
- Base Attack Bonus: Average. A fleet runner of Syfa gains +¾ base attack bonus per class level.
- Base Fortitude Save Bonus: Good. A fleet runner of Syfa gains a +½ base Fortitude save bonus per class level.
- Base Reflex Save Bonus: Poor. A fleet runner of Syfa gains a +1⁄3 base Reflex save bonus per class level.
- Base Will Save Bonus: Good. A fleet runner of Syfa gains a +½ base Will save bonus per class level.
- Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: Fleet runners of Syfa gain proficiency with all simple and martial weapons, with light armor, large shields, small shields, and bucklers. Note that armor check penalties apply to the skills Balance, Climb, Escape Artist, Hide, Jump, Move Silently, Pick Pocket, and Tumble, and that carrying heavy gear imposes a penalty on Swim checks.
- Bonus Spells: Similar to bonus spells for high ability scores, for each level of fleet runner that a spell casting character attains, she gains bonus spells added to the number of divine spells per day he may cast. These bonus spells can be added to whatever levels of spells the caster can currently cast, but no more than one can be added to the caster’s highest current spell level. If a fleet runner has two divine spell casting classes already, he must choose which previous class of spells gains the bonus. Bonus spells cannot be added to an arcane spell casting class. Once a fleet runner has chosen how to apply his bonus spells, they cannot be shifted again.
- Fast Movement (Ex): A fleet runner has a speed faster than that which is normal for their race. Their speed is increased by +10 feet when wearing no armor, light armor or medium armor and not carrying a heavy load. This increase stacks with similar speed increases such as those granted by the barbarian, scout, or monk classes.
- Greater Mobility (Ex): A fleet runner has a +8 dodge bonus to AC against attacks of opportunity caused when he moves out of or within a threatened area. This supersedes the bonus granted by the Mobility feat.
- Additional Domain (Su): A fleet runner of Syfa may select another of Syfa’s domains as a third clerical domain. He may use the granted power of the domain (using his fleet runner level instead of his cleric level), and may select spells from the spell lists of any of his three domains when selecting his daily domain spell. He may still only cast one domain spell of each level per day (1st through 9th). Fleet runners who do not have a level of cleric gain no benefit from this granted ability.
- Evasion (Ex): At 2nd level and above, a fleet runner can avoid even magical and unusual attacks with great agility. If he makes a successful Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, he instead takes no damage. A fleet runner can only use his evasion ability if he is wearing light armor or no armor.
- Leap of the Hart (Ex): At 3rd level or higher, a fleet runner’s vertical and horizontal jumping distance is not limited by his height.
- Shot on the Run (Ex): At 4th level, a fleet runner gains the Shot on the Run feat, even if he does not have the prerequisite Point Blank Shot feat.
- Run of the Huntress (Su): At 5th level, a fleet runner gains supernatural stamina while running. He may run for a number of rounds equal to twice his Constitution score before making any checks, and he gains a +8 bonus to Constitution checks made to continue running after that point.
- Improved Evasion (Ex): At 6th level, a fleet runner’s evasion ability improves. He still takes no damage on a successful Reflex save against spells such as fireball or a breath weapon, but also takes only half damage on a failed save. The fleet runner may only use the improved evasion ability if he is wearing light armor or no armor.
- Run Like the Wind (Sp): At 7th level, a fleet runner may slip magically between spaces as if affected by the spell dimension door once per day. The fleet runner uses his fleet runner of Syfa class level as his caster level for purposes of this ability.
- Leopard’s Pounce (Ex): At 8th level, a fleet runner may make a full attack at the end of a charge.
- Swiftness of the Tigress (Ex): When she reaches 9th level, a fleet runner may act as if affected by a haste spell for a total of one round per class level per day. These rounds need not be consecutive.
- Cheetah’s Sprint (Su): Once an hour, a 10th level fleet runner may take a charge action to move ten times his normal speed.
|1st||Fast movement, greater mobility, additional domain||1|
|3rd||Leap of the hart||1|
|4th||Shot on the Run||2|
|5th||Run like the huntress||1|
|7th||Run like the wind||1|
|9th||Swiftness of the tigress||1|
Home Prestige Classes Syfa