Luck Die: d2.
To become a graven one, one must meet the following criteria:
- Skills: Knowledge: Arcana 5+ ranks.
- Feats: Etch Object Rune, Inscribe Magic Tattoo, Scribe Scroll, Toughness.
- Special: Ability to cast 4th level arcane spells including at least three spells with the word "mark" in the title, erase, explosive runes, and sepia snake sigil.
- Languages: Must be able to speak Celestial, Infernal, and Sûlic.
- Special: You must find a third party who can cast permanency and will partake in a ritual that lasts an entire day. You lose 4 hit points permanently, but when it is over you bear a tough, almost stone-like skin with an inherent +1 natural armor bonus.
- The graven one's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Concentration (Con), Craft: Any (all skills taken individually)(Int), Gather Information (Cha), Knowledge: Arcana (Int), Knowledge: the Planes (Int), Profession: Any (all skills taken individually)(Wis), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Spellcraft (Int), Spot (Wis), and Survival (Wis).
- Note: Because the Three Worlds campaign uses the Skills by Character house rule, the list of class skills given here is only included for the sake of completeness, and is not used by characters in the campaign setting.
- Skill Points at each level: 2 + Intelligence modifier.
All of the following are class features of the graven one prestige class.
- Base Attack Bonus: Average. A graven one gains +¾ base attack bonus per class level.
- Base Fortitude Save Bonus: Good. A graven one gains +½ base Fortitude save bonus per class level.
- Base Reflex Save Bonus: Poor. A graven one gains +⅓ base Reflex save bonus per class level.
- Base Will Save Bonus: Poor. A graven one gains a +⅓ base Will save bonus per class level.
- Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: Graven ones gain no new proficiency with any arms or armor.
- Spellcasting: When an odd-numbered graven one level is gained, the character gains new spells per day as if he had also gained a level in whatever arcane spellcasting class he belonged to before he added the prestige class. He does not, however, gain any other benefit of a character of that class would have gained. This essentially means that he adds the level of graven one to the level of whatever other spellcasting class the character has, then determines spells per and caster level accordingly. If a character had more than one arcane spellcasting class before he became a graven one, he must decide to which arcane spellcasting class he adds each level of graven one for the purpose of determining spells per day.
- Flesh Rune (Sp): The graven one gains the ability to etch runes into her own flesh using the Etch Object Rune feat. The graven one's body can bear as many as four runes at once, no matter her size. In cultures where skin markings are strange, or among those who fear or distrust magic, these obvious runes - as well as tattoos of power and the graven images detailed below - give the graven one a -2 circumstance penalty to all Charisma-based skill checks except Intimidate checks, which gain a +2 circumstance bonus.
- Tattoo of Power (Su): A graven one can inscribe a tattoo on her body that lasts for 24 hours. It requires 10 minutes to inscribe it, and she can bear only one tattoo of power at a time. This in no way interacts with any flesh runes she might have. When she gains this ability at 2nd level, she chooses a tattoo of power inscription that she knows from the table below. The graven one's level plus her Intelligence modifier determines which of the tattoos she can learn. When she gains this ability again at 3rd level and at alternating levels after that, she can learn how to inscribe another tattoo.
- Graven Image (Su): The graven one can inscribe one or more images of animals or magical beasts on her flesh. This in no way interacts with any flesh runes or tattoos of power she might have. Inscribing this image takes 10 minutes, and it can be activated at any time afterward as a free action. When activated, the image leaps from the graven one's body and becomes a real version of that creature. It remains for one minute per level, or until slain, obeying the graven one's commands which are issued as free actions. As the graven one goes up in levels, she can make more and more Hit Dice worth of creatures into images.
|1st||Flesh Rune||+1 level of existing class|
|2nd||Tattoo of Power||-|
|3rd||Tattoo of Power||+1 level of existing class|
|4th||Graven Image (5 Hit Dice)||-|
|5th||Tattoo of Power||+1 level of existing class|
|6th||Graven Image (10 Hit Dice)||-|
|7th||Tattoo of Power||+1 level of existing class|
|8th||Graven Image (15 Hit Dice)||-|
|9th||Tattoo of Power||+1 level of existing class|
|10th||Graven Image (20 hit Dice)||-|
|Tattoos of Power|
Level + Intelligence Modifier
|+2 enhancement bonus to Constitution|
|+2 enhancement bonus to Strength|
|+2 enhancement bonus to Dexterity|
|+3 natural armor bonus to Armor Class (this stacks with the natural armor bonus granted by the graven one class)|
|+10 enhancement bonus to Hide and Move Silently checks|
|25% chance to negate all critical hits or sneak attacks inflicted upon the graven one|
|As the spell change self|
|All attacks dealing damage, including spells, made by the graven one inflict a wound that bleeds 1 point of damage per round as a weapon with the wounding special ability|
Holy or Unholy
|All attacks dealing damage, including spells, made by the graven one inflict +2d6 points of damage to all creatures of evil alignment (if holy is chosen) or good alignment (if unholy is chosen)|
Anarchic or Axiomatic
|All attacks dealing damage, including spells, made by the graven one inflict +2d6 points of damage to all creatures of lawful alignment (if anarchic is chosen) or chaotic alignment (if axiomatic is chosen)|
|The graven one gains spell resistance of 11 + her class levels|
|The graven one gains damage resistance 10/+2|
Home Prestige Classes