Luck Die: d2.
To become a mirror master, one must meet the following criteria:
- Skills: Craft: Glassmaking 5+ ranks, Knowledge: Arcana 5+ ranks.
- Feats: Craft Wondrous Item, Mirror Sight.
- Special: Ability to cast 3rd level arcane spells.
- Special: Must be an outsider, have an outsider in your lineage, or undergo a powerful ritual performed by at least three other mirror masters. You may meet the requirement of having an outsider in your lineage if you are celestial-blooded, dæmon-blooded, dao-blooded, demon-blooded, diabolic-blooded, djinni-blooded, efreeti-blooded, janni-blooded, marid-blooded, or slaad-blooded.
- The mirror master's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Concentration (Con), Craft: Any (all skills taken individually)(Int), Gather Information (Cha), Knowledge: Arcana (Int), Knowledge: the Planes (Int), Profession: Any (all skills taken individually)(Wis), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Spellcraft (Int), Spot (Wis), and Survival (Wis).
- Note: Because the Three Worlds campaign uses the Skills by Character house rule, the list of class skills given here is only included for the sake of completeness, and is not used by characters in the campaign setting.
- Skill Points at each level: 2 + Intelligence modifier.
All of the following are class features of the mirror master prestige class.
- Base Attack Bonus: Poor. A mirror master gains +½ base attack bonus per class level.
- Base Fortitude Save Bonus: Poor. A mirror master gains +⅓ base Fortitude save bonus per class level.
- Base Reflex Save Bonus: Poor. A mirror master gains +⅓ base Reflex save bonus per class level.
- Base Will Save Bonus: Good. A mirror master gains a +½ base Will save bonus per class level.
- Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: Mirror masters gain no new proficiency with any arms or armor.
- Spellcasting: When an odd-numbered mirror master level is gained, the character gains new spells per day as if he had also gained a level in whatever arcane spellcasting class he belonged to before he added the prestige class. He does not, however, gain any other benefit of a character of that class would have gained. This essentially means that he adds the level of mirror master to the level of whatever other spellcasting class the character has, then determines spells per and caster level accordingly. If a character had more than one arcane spellcasting class before he became a mirror master, he must decide to which arcane spellcasting class he adds each level of mirror master for the purpose of determining spells per day.
- Mirror Thoughts (Sp): Once per day, a mirror master can use a mirror to detect and learn the thoughts of anyone reflected in its surface. In all other respects, this ability works like the spell detect thoughts.
- Mirrored Eyes (Su): A mirror master gains an additional saving throw against all gaze attacks. If either save succeeds, treat the situation as if the mirror master made the save.
- Bonus Spells (Ex): The mirror master gains bonus spells as she studies mirrors and mirror lore drawn from the Mirror Master Spell List. These spells are either added automatically to her spellbook (if she is a wizard or other spellcaster that uses spellbooks), or one of each level is added to the spells the caster knows (if she is a sorcerer or similar spontaneous spellcaster).
- Piercing Gaze (Ex): The mirror master gains a +2 competence bonus to Spot, Search, Intimidate, and Sense Motive skill checks.
- Mirror Step (Sp): Once per day, a mirror master can step into one mirror and out another. At 6th level, treat this ability as dimension door in all ways other than the requirement that the starting and destination point must be a mirror. At 8th level, treat this ability in all other ways as teleport. At 10th level, treat this ability in all other ways as plane shift. Each time a mirror master gains a new version of this ability, it brings with it a new use per day. This ability can be used in conjunction with Mirror Sight.
|1st||Mirror Thoughts||+1 level of existing class|
|2nd||Mirrored Eyes, Bonus Spells (1st and 2nd)||-|
|3rd||-||+1 level of existing class|
|4th||Piercing Gaze, Bonus Spells (3rd and 4th)||-|
|5th||-||+1 level of existing class|
|6th||Mirror Step (Dimension Door), Bonus Spells (5th)||-|
|7th||-||+1 level of existing class|
|8th||Mirror Step (Teleport), Bonus Spells (6th)||-|
|9th||-||+1 level of existing class|
|10th||Mirror Step (Plane Shift), Bonus Spells (7th)||-|
Home Prestige Classes