(adapted from the Player's Handbook and the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting)
- Type: Humanoid.
- Ability Scores: +2 Constitution, -2 Charisma. Dwarves are tough, but somewhat oblivious and stubborn.
- Size: Medium size.
- Movement: Dwarves have a base speed of 20 feet. Dwarves wearing medium or heavy armor do not suffer any reduction in their normal base speed, although they are still limited to three times their speed when running in heavy armor. Dwarven barbarians lose their Fast Movement class ability while wearing heavy armor.
- Earth Vision: Darkvision with a range of 60 feet.
- Skilled Craftsmen: Dwarves gain a +2 racial bonus to Appraise checks that are related to stone or metal items, and a +2 racial bonus to Craft checks that are related to stone or metal.
- Stonecunning (Ex): Stonecunning grants dwarves a +2 racial bonus on checks to notice unusual stonework, such as sliding walls, stonework traps, new construction (even when built to match the old), unsafe stone surfaces, shaky stone ceilings, and the like. Something that isn’t stone but that is disguised as stone also counts as unusual stonework. A dwarf who merely comes within 10 feet can make a check as if were actively searching, and a dwarf can use the Search skill to find stonework traps as a rogue can. A dwarf can also intuit depth, sensing his approximate depth underground as naturally as a human can sense which way is up. Dwarves have a sixth sense about stonework, an innate ability that they get plenty of opportunity to practice and hone in their underground homes.
- Stability (Ex): Dwarves are exceptionally stable on their feet. A dwarf gains a +4 bonus on ability checks to resist being bull rushed or tripped when standing on the ground (but not when climbing, flying, riding, or otherwise not standing firmly on the ground).
- Tough as a Rock (Ex): +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison. Dwarves are hardy and resistant to toxins.
- Terran Blood (Su): +1 racial bonus on saving throws against earth spells and effects. This bonus increases by +1 for every five levels a dwarf attains.
- Earth Mastery (Ex): A dwarf gains a +1 bonus on attack and damage rolls if both it and its foe touch the ground. If an opponent is airborne or waterborne, the dwarf suffers a -4 penalty on attack and damage rolls.
- Automatic Languages: Rhadynnic or Sorglish plus either Anfagen Zwursprache (for dwarves from Hartzstadt), Zwersprache (for dwarves from Steinigreich or Felsreich), or Nordlish and Desprache (for dwarves from the Dekkulde Islands).
- Favored Class: Fighter.
- Favored Class: Warrior.
- Exclusive Class: Artificer (from the Eberron Campaign Setting).
Home Player Character Races