Luck Die: d4.
To become a chain legionnaire, one must meet the following criteria:
- Base Attack Bonus: +5.
- Feats: Bind, Combat Reflexes, Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Spiked Chain), Weapon Focus (Spiked Chain), Weapon Specialization (Spiked Chain).
- Special: Orc blood.
- The chain legionnaire's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Craft: Any (all skills taken individually)(Int), Gather Information (Cha), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Ride (Dex), Swim (Str), and Use Rope (Dex).
- Note: Because the Three Worlds campaign uses the Skills by Character house rule, the list of class skills given here is only included for the sake of completeness, and is not used by characters in the campaign setting.
- Skill Points at each level: 2 + Intelligence modifier.
All of the following are class features of the chain legionnaire prestige class.
- Base Attack Bonus: Good. A chain legionnaire gains +1 base attack bonus per class level.
- Base Fortitude Save Bonus: Good. A chain legionnaire gains +½ base Fortitude save bonus per class level.
- Base Reflex Save Bonus: Good. A chain legionnaire gains a +½ base Reflex save bonus per class level.
- Base Will Save Bonus: Poor. A chain legionnaire gains +⅓ base Will save bonus per class level.
- Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: A chain legionnaire is proficient with all simple and martial weapons, with all armor, and with shields (but not tower shields).
- Superior Disarm/Trip (Ex): The chain legionnaire gains a +2 bonus to all disarm and trip attacks made with a spiked chain. This bonus stacks with the bonus granted by the weapon itself.
- Bonus Feat: Starting at 2nd level and very other level thereafter, the chain legionnaire may choose an additional feat from those commonly taught by the Bloody Chain. They may choose a feat from the following list: Combat Expertise, Disarm Riposte, Improved Disarm, Improved Trip, Improved Grab, and Merciful Strike. All normal prerequisites must be fulfilled in order to chose a feat from this list. If a character already knows all the feats listed above, she may choose a feat from the list given for fighters as bonus feats.
- Sweeping Arc (Ex): At 3rd level, the chain legionnaire may explode into a low, whirling attack pattern aimed at the knees and feet of those around her. As a full round action, the chain legionnaire may make a trip attack against everyone within 10 feet. the chain legionnaire makes her rolls for the trip action as normal, but the results of this single check are compared against all opponents potentially subject to the strike. Because of the wild nature of this attack, allies within range are also subject to it. This attack may not be used in conjunction with the Improved trip feat.
- Signature Weapon (Su): At 5th level, the chain legionnaire has achieved true mastery of her spiked chain. This gives her a +1 bonus to attack and damage rolls with a spiked chain. these bonuses stack with any magical bonus the weapon has or feat the character possesses. The chain legionnaire may choose one of the following damage reduction types: Chaos, evil, good, law, or magical (+3). Any spiked chain he wields is considered to be a weapon of this type for the purpose of overcoming damage resistance.
- Binding Chain (Sp): Chain legionnaires are known for their ability to manipulate the minds of others. At 7th level, a chain legionnaire may take a full round action and spin her spiked chain in a hypnotic pattern. Any single target within 30 feet of the chain legionnaire must make a Will save (DC 10 + the chain legionnaire's class level + the chain legionnaire's Charisma modifier) or be subject to a suggestion spell with a caster level equal to the chain legionnaire's class level. This does provoke an attack of opportunity. The chain legionnaire may use this ability a number of times per day equal to 1 + her Charisma modifier (minimum 1).
- Iron Grasp Technique (Sp): At 9th level, a chain legionnaire gains the ability to hold her adversaries with supernatural stillness. If the chain legionnaire uses the Bind feat on an opponent, she may then activate this effect, which functions as a hold monster spell with a caster level equal to the chain legionnaire's class level, as a free action. Opponent may attempt to resist with a Will save (DC 10 + the chain legionnaire's class level + the chain legionnaire's Charisma modifier). The chain legionnaire may use this ability a number of times per day equal to 1 + her Charisma modifier (minimum 1).
|7th||Binding chain (suggestion)|
|9th||Iron grasp technique|
|10th||Binding chain (dominate person), bonus feat|
Home Prestige Classes