- Levels 1 -4, Nonevil: Characters are shaken by the intoned Dark Speech, and they flee from the source of their fear as quickly as they can, although they can choose the path of their flight. Once out of sight and hearing of the source of their fear, characters can act as they want. Characters unable to flee can fight, although they are still shaken for 1d10 rounds.
- Levels 5 - 10, Nonevil: Characters are shaken, taking a -2 morale penalty to attack rolls, saves, and checks for 1d10 rounds.
- Levels 11+, Nonevil: Characters are filled with loathing for the speaker and must attack him on their next action.
- Levels 1 -4, Evil: Characters cower and are frozen in fear. They lose their Dexterity bonus to Armor Class (if any) and can take no actions for 1d10 rounds. Foes gain a +2 bonus to his cowering characters.
- Levels 5 - 10, Evil: Characters are mastered by the Dark Speech, acting as if charmed (as described in the charm person spell) for 1d10 minutes.
- Levels 11+, Evil: Characters are impressed, reacting to the speaker with more respect and wariness. This adds a +2 competence bonus on subsequent attempts to change their attitude (see page 128 of the Dungeon Master's Guide).
Home Three Worlds Languages