Luck Die: d4.
To become an angel hunter, one must meet the following criteria:
- Alignment: Any evil.
- Base Attack Bonus: +8.
- Skills: Knowledge: the Planes 6+ ranks.
- Abilities: Favored Enemy (Outsiders).
- Special: Must have killed a celestial in single combat and violated the remains.
- The angel hunter's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Knowledge: the Planes (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Ride (Dex), Use Rope (Dex), Search (Int), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), and Swim (Str).
- Note: Because the Three Worlds campaign uses the Skills by Character house rule, the list of class skills given here is only included for the sake of completeness, and is not used by characters in the campaign setting.
- Skill Points at each level: 4 + Intelligence modifier.
All of the following are class features of the angel hunter prestige class.
- Base Attack Bonus: Good. An angel hunter gains +1 base attack bonus per class level.
- Base Fortitude Save Bonus: Good. An angel hunter gains a +½ base Fortitude save bonus per class level.
- Base Reflex Save Bonus: Poor. An angel hunter gains +1⁄3 base Reflex save bonus per class level.
- Base Will Save Bonus: Good. An angel hunter gains a +½ base Will save bonus per class level.
- Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: Angel hunter's are proficient with all simple and martial weapons. They are proficient with all armor and shields except for tower shields.
- Enemy of the Light (Ex): At 1st level, the angel hunter gains a number of abilities to aid him in his unholy war against celestials. Angel hunters gain an insight bonus equal to ½ of their angel hunter levels (rounded down, minimum of 1) to all Bluff, Listen, Sense Motive, Spot, and Survival checks when using these skills against celestials. In addition, any enchantment spells or effects cast or triggered by the angel hunter that specifically target humanoids may also target celestials as well. Celestials continue to receive saving throws and spell resistance as normal.
- Smite Celestial (Su): Once per day, the angel hunter may attempt to smite a celestial with one normal melee attack. He adds his Charisma modifier (if positive) to the attack roll and adds the sum of his unholy warrior levels to his angel hunter levels, applying the total to his damage roll for the single attack. The smite attempt must be declared prior to making the attack roll. If the angel hunter attempts to smite a non-celestial, the smite attempt fails, but the attempt is still used up for the day. At 7th level, the angel hunter may make two smite celestial attempts per day.
- Honed (Ex): At 3rd level, the angel hunter perfects his skills with a weapon of his choice. He gains the feat Improved Critical as a bonus feat.
- Clip the Wings (Su): A magical field, emanating in a 30-foot spread centered on the angel hunter, prevents any celestial from entering or leaving the area by means of any spell or effect that provides extradimensional movement. Hence, no celestial within 30 feet of the angel hunter can use teleport, dimension door, gate, or any similar effect.
- Buttressed by Evil (Su): At 5th level, the angel hunter receives a +4 insight bonus on all saves against spells and spell-like abilities with the good descriptor. Furthermore, he receives a +2 profane bonus to all saves against divine spells cast by a good caster.
- Blinding Bolt (Sp): When the angel hunter reaches 6th level, he may hurl a bolt of negative energy once per day. This is a ranged attack that is only usable against celestials. If the bolt strikes its target, the creature must make a Will saving throw against a DC of 10 + ½ the character's angel hunter and unholy warrior levels (rounded down) + the angel hunter's Dexterity modifier. On a successful save, the celestial takes 2d6 points of damage. On a failed save, the celestial suffers 4d6 damage and is blinded for 1d6 minutes.
- Blaspheme Celestial (Su): Once per day, the angel hunter may make a normal melee attack against a target celestial, adding his Charisma modifier (if positive) to the attack roll. Blaspheming a celestial must be declared prior to the attack roll. If the angel hunter attempts to blaspheme a non-celestial, there is no additional effect. On a successful blasphemy attack, the angel hunter renders all celestial qualities dormant for 1d3 rounds.
- Corrupt Celestial (Su): All melee and ranged attacks made by the angel hunter inflict corruption damage. Corruption damage only affects good-aligned outsiders, inflicting an additional 1d3 points of Wisdom damage with each successful hit. The angel hunter must exceed the target creature's spell resistance on the attack for the corruption damage to take effect.
- Turn or Destroy Celestial: Angel hunters may attempt to turn or destroy celestials as a good-aligned cleric turns or destroys undead. Angel hunters add their unholy warrior levels to their angel hunter levels for the purposes of determining the effects of their attempts to turn celestials.
|1st||Enemy of the light|
|2nd||Smite celestial once per day|
|4th||Clip the wings|
|5th||Buttressed by evil|
|7th||Smite celestial twice per day|
|10th||Turn or destroy celestials|
Home Prestige Classes