(from Complete Adventurer; originally the Ninja class)
Hit Die: d6.
Luck Die: d8.
- Skill List: The zloděj's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (all skills taken individually) (Int), Disable Device (Int), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Open Lock (Dex), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str), and Tumble (Dex).
- Note: Because the Three Worlds campaign uses the Skills by Character house rule, the list of class skills given here is only included for the sake of completeness, and is not used by characters in the campaign setting.
- Skill Points at 1st Level: (6 + Intelligence modifier) x 4.
- Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 6 + Intelligence modifier.
- Base Attack Bonus: Average. A zloděj gains +¾ base attack bonus per class level.
- Base Fortitude Save Bonus: Poor. A zloděj gains a +1⁄3 base Fortitude save bonus per class level.
- Base Reflex Save Bonus: Good. A zloděj gains a +2½ base Reflex save bonus at first level, and an additional +½ base Reflex save bonus per class level.
- Base Will Save Bonus: Poor. A zloděj gains a +1⁄3 base Will save bonus per class level.
- Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Zloději are proficient with all simple weapons plus the butterfly sword, hand crossbow, kama, kukri, nekode, nunchaku, sai, shortbow, composite shortbow, short sword, shuriken, siangham, three-section staff, tiger claw, tonfa, and war fan. Zloději are not proficient with any type or armor or shield.
- Armor Class Bonus (Ex): A zloděj is highly trained at dodging blows, and she has a sixth sense that lets her avoid even unanticipated attacks. When unarmoured and unencumbered, a zloděj adds her Wisdom bonus (if any) to her Armor Class. This ability does not stack with the mon's Armor Class bonus ability (a zloděj with levels of monk does not add the bonus twice). In addition, a zloděj gains a +1 bonus to Armor Class at 5th level. This bonus to Armor Class increases by 1 for every five zloděj levels thereafter (+2 at 10th, +3 at 15th, and +4 at 20th level).
- Ki Power (Su): A zloděj can channel her ki to manifest special powers of stealth and mobility. She can use her ki powers a number of times per day equal to one half her class level (minimum 1) plus her Wisdom bonus (if any). Ki powers can be used only if a zloděj is wearing no armor and is unencumbered.
- Sudden Strike (Ex): If a zloděj can catch an opponent when he is unable to defend himself effectively from her attack, she can strike a vital spot for extra damage. Whenever a zloděj's target is denied a Dexterity bonus to Armor Class (whether the target actually has a Dexterity bonus or not), the zloděj deals an extra 1d6 points of damage with her attack. This extra damage increases by 1d6 points for every two zloděj levels thereafter. A zloděj can't use sudden strike when flanking an opponent unless that opponent is denied its Dexterity bonus to Armor Class.
- Trapfinding (Ex): A zloděj can use the Search skill to locate traps with a DC higher than 20, and she can use Disable Device to bypass a trap or disarm magic traps. Finding a nonmagical trap has a DC of at least 20, or higher if it is well hidden.
- Ghost Step (Su): Starting at 2nd level, a zloděj can spend one daily use of her ki power to become invisible for 1 round. Using this ability is a swift action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity.
- Poison Use (Ex): At 3rd level and higher, a zloděj never risks accidentally poisoning herself when applying poison to a weapon.
- Great Leap (Su): At 4th level and higher, a zloděj always makes Jump checks as if she were running and had the Run feat, enabling her to make long jumps without a running start and granting a +4 bonus on the jump (see the skill description, page 77 of the Player's Handbook). This ability can be used only if she is wearing no armor and is carrying no more than a light load.
- Acrobatics (Ex): Starting at 6th level, a zloděj gains a +2 bonus on Climb, Jump, and Tumble checks. This bonus increases to +4 at 12th level, and +6 at 18th level.
- Ki Dodge (Su): At 6th level and higher, a zloděj can spend one daily use of her ki power to cause an attack against her to miss when it might have otherwise hit. When a zloděj activates this ability, her outline shifts and wavers, granting her concealment (20% miss chance) against all attacks for 1 round. Using this ability is a swift action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity.
- Speed Climb (Ex): A zloděj of 7th level or higher can scramble up or down walls and slopes with great speed. She can climb at her speed as a move action with no penalty; however, she must begin and end the round on a horizontal surface (such as the ground or a rooftop). If she does not end her movement on a horizontal surface, she falls, taking falling damage as appropriate for her distance above the ground.
- Ghost Strike (Su): At 8th level and higher, a zloděj can spend one daily use of her ki power to strike incorporeal and ethereal creatures as if they were corporeal. She also can use this ability to strike foes on the Material Plane normally while ethereal (for example, while using her ghost step ability).
- Improved Poison Use (Ex): Starting at 9th level, a zloděj can apply poison to a weapon as a move action. (Normally, applying poison is a standard action, like applying an oil).
- Evasion (Ex): At 12th level or higher if a zloděj makes a successful Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, she instead takes no damage. Evasion can be used only if a zloděj is wearing no armor and carrying no more than a light load. A helpless zloděj does not gain the benefit of evasion.
- Ghost Mind (Su): At 14th level, a zloděj gains a special resistance to spells of the scrying subschool. To detect or see a zloděj with such a spell, the caster must make a caster level check (DC 20 + the zloděj's class level). In the case of scrying spells (such as arcane eye) that scan the zloděj's area, a failed check indicates that the spell works but the zloděj simply isn't detected. Scrying attempts targeted specifically at the zloděj do not work at all if the check fails.
- Ghost Sight (Su): At 16th level and higher, a zloděj can see invisible and ethereal creatures as easily as she sees material creatures and objects.
- Greater Ki Dodge (Su): Starting at 18th level, a zloděj's ki dodge ability grants total concealment (50% miss chance).
- Ghost Walk (Su): A 20th level zloděj can spend two daily uses of her ki power to enter the Ethereal Plane for an extended period of time. This ability functions as the ethereal jaunt spell with the caster level equal to the zloděj's class level.
|1th||Ki power, sudden strike +1d6, trapfinding|
|2nd||Ghost step (invisible)|
|3rd||Sudden strike +2d6, poison use|
|5th||Sudden strike +3d6|
|6th||Acrobatics +2, ki dodge|
|7th||Sudden strike +4d6, speed climb|
|9th||Sudden strike +5d6, improved poison use|
|10th||Ghost step (ethereal)|
|11th||Sudden strike +6d6|
|12th||Acrobatics +4, evasion|
|13th||Sudden strike +7d6|
|15th||Sudden strike +8d6|
|17th||Sudden strike +9d6|
|18th||Acrobatics +6, greater ki dodge|
|19th||Sudden strike +10d6|
Home Base Classes