Order of the Bow Initiate (adapted from Complete Warrior and Sword and Fist)
- Through one's archery, one's true character can be determined.
- The Way of the Bow is a spiritual art. By learning it, the archer learns about himself. By improving in the Way of the Bow, the archer improves himself.
- The Way of the Bow is a highly meditative martial art whose ultimate goals are Truth, Goodness, and Beauty
- When asked "What is Truth?", a master archer picks up his bow, fires an arrow, and without saying a word, lets his mastery of the bow serve as the gauge of the archer's progress along the Way.
- The Way of the Bow is a matter of precision and discipline: The relationship you have with your bow, the arrow, your body, and your mind. When you shoot, you can see the reflection of your mind, as in a mirror. The target is the mirror. You can see your own mind.
Luck Die: d4.
To become an Order of the Bow Initiate, one must meet the following criteria:
- Base Attack Bonus: +5.
- Skills: Knowledge: Religion 2+ ranks.
- Feats: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Rapid Shot, Weapon Focus (Longbow, Composite Longbow, Shortbow, or Composite Shortbow), and Weapon Specialization (Longbow, Composite Longbow, Shortbow, or Composite Shortbow).
- Proficiency: Longbow, composite longbow, shortbow, or composite shortbow.
- Region: Owarikawa.
- The initiate's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Craft: Bowmaking (Int), Knowledge: Religion (Int), Ride (Dex), Spot (Wis), and Swim (Str).
- Note: Because the Three Worlds campaign uses the Skills by Character house rule, the list of class skills given here is only included for the sake of completeness, and is not used by characters in the campaign setting.
- Skill Points at each level: 2 + Intelligence modifier.
All of the following are class features of the Order of the Bow Initiate prestige class.
- Base Attack Bonus: Good. An initiate gains +1 base attack bonus per class level.
- Base Fortitude Save Bonus: Poor. An initiate gains a +1⁄3 base Reflex save bonus per class level.
- Base Reflex Save Bonus: Good. An initiate gains a +½ base Reflex save bonus per class level.
- Base Will Save Bonus: Good. An initiate gains a +½ base Will save bonus per class level.
- Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: Initiates gain no new proficiency with any weapons or armor.
- Ranged Precision: As a standard action, an initiate may make a single precisely aimed attack with a ranged weapon, dealing an extra 1d8 points of damage if the attack hits. When making a ranged precision attack, an initiate must be within 30 feet of his target. An initiate's ranged precision attack only works against living creatures with discernible anatomies. Any creature that is immune to critical hits (including undead, constructs, oozes, plants, and incorporeal creatures) is not vulnerable to a ranged precision attack, and any item or ability that protects a creature from critical hits (such as armor with the fortification special ability) also protects a creature from the extra damage.
- Zen Archery: At 2nd level, the initiate gains the feat Zen Archery as a bonus feat. If the character already has the feat, then their Wisdom modifier stacks with their Dexterity modifier for ranged attacks.
- Superior Weapon Focus (Ex): At 4th level, the initiate gain a +1 bonus to all attacks made with a bow for which he has the Weapon Focus feat. This stacks with the bonuses granted by Weapon Focus and Greater Weapon Focus.
- Sharp-Shooting: At 6the level, an initiate gains the feat Sharp-Shooting as a bonus feat, even if he does not meet the prerequisites.
- Superior Weapon Specialization (Ex): At 8th level, the initiate gains a +2 bonus on all damage rolls made with a bow for which he has the Weapon Specialization feat. This stacks with the bonuses granted by Weapon Specialization and Greater Weapon specialization.
- Extended Precision (Su): A 10th-level Order of the Bow Initiate's senses and feel for "the shot" become so attuned that he may make ranged precision attacks (and sneak attacks, if he has the ability) at a range of up to 60 feet.
|1st||Ranged precision +1d8|
|3rd||Ranged precision +2d8|
|4th||Superior weapon focus|
|5th||Ranged precision +3d8|
|7th||Ranged precision +4d8|
|8th||Superior weapon specialization|
|9th||Ranged precision +5d8|
Home Prestige Classes