Luck Die: d4.
To become a halfling archer, one must meet the following criteria:
- Base Attack Bonus: +5.
- Skills: Hide 5+ ranks, Move Silently 5+ ranks.
- Feats: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Rapid Shot, and Weapon Focus (Shortbow or Composite Shortbow).
- Proficiency: Shortbow or composite shortbow.
- Race: Halfling.
- The halfling archer's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Craft: Bowmaking (Int), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Ride (Dex), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str), and Tumble (Dex).
- Note: Because the Three Worlds campaign uses the Skills by Character house rule, the list of class skills given here is only included for the sake of completeness, and is not used by characters in the campaign setting.
- Skill Points at each level: 4 + Intelligence modifier.
All of the following are class features of the halfling archer prestige class.
- Base Attack Bonus: Good. A halfling archer gains +1 base attack bonus per class level.
- Base Fortitude Save Bonus: Poor. A halfling archer gains a +1⁄3 base Fortitude save bonus per class level.
- Base Reflex Save Bonus: Good. A halfling archer gains a +½ base Reflex save bonus per class level.
- Base Will Save Bonus: Good. A halfling archer gains a +½ base Will save bonus per class level.
- Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: Halfling archers gain no new proficiency with any weapons or armor.
- Ranged Sneak Attack: Any time the halfling archer's target would be denied his Dexterity bonus to Armor Class (regardless of whether he has a Dexterity bonus), the initiate's ranged sneak attack deals extra damage. The extra damage is +1d6 at 1st level, and +1d6 every two levels after that. This sneak attack damage only applies to the halfling archer's ranged attacks and only count as sneak attacks if the target is within 30 feet. The halfling archer cannot strike with such deadly accuracy beyond that range. In every other way, this ability is identical to a rogue's sneak attack. If the character has sneak attack ability from some other source, the bonuses stack.
- Close Combat Shot (Ex): At 2nd level, the halfling archer can attack with a ranged weapon in a threatened area and not provoke an Attack of Opportunity.
- Skirmish Exchange (Ex): At 3rd level, the halfling archer gains the ability to exchange 2d6 worth of ranged sneak attack for 1d6 worth of skirmish damage. Any round the halfling archer does this he deals an extra 1d6 points of damage on all attacks he makes during any round in which he moves at least 10 feet. This extra damage increases by +1d6 for every 2d6 worth of sneak attack the halfling archer has. The extra damage only applies against living creatures that have a discernible anatomy. Undead, constructs, oozes, plants, incorporeal creatures, and creatures immune to extra damage from critical hits are not vulnerable to this additional damage. The halfling archer must be able to see the target well enough to pick out a vital spot and must be able to reach such a spot. Halfling archers can only apply this extra damage if the target is within 30 feet. A halfling archer cannot make a sneak attack and a skirmish attack in the same round.
- Greater Weapon Focus (Ex): At 4th level, the halfling archer gains the Greater Weapon Focus feat with a bow for which he has the Weapon Focus feat, even if he does not meet the prerequisites.
- Free Attack (Ex): At 6th level, a halfling archer becomes particularly adept at taking advantages of the openings his allies provide for him. Once per round, whenever an ally within line of sight gains an Attack of Opportunity against a foe, the halfling archer can make one ranged attack against the same foe, at his highest attack bonus as a free action.
- Weapon Specialization (Ex): At 8th level, the halfling archer gains the feat Weapon Specialization as a bonus feat for a bow for which he already has the Weapon Focus feat even if he does not meet the prerequisites. If he already has the Weapon Specialization feat, he instead gains the Greater Weapon Specialization feat for a bow for which he already has the Weapon Specialization feat.
- Banked Shot (Ex): At 10th level, a halfling archer can fire an arrow at a target within 20 feet of a wall (but not adjacent to the wall) and treat the target as if it were flat-footed for the purposes of Armor Class and damage inflicted. This is a full-round action, as it is extremely difficult.
|1st||Ranged sneak attack +1d6|
|2nd||Close combat shot|
|3rd||Ranged sneak attack +2d6; skirmish exchange|
|4th||Greater Weapon Focus|
|5th||Ranged sneak attack +3d6|
|7th||Ranged sneak attack +4d6|
|8th||Greater Weapon Specialization|
|9th||Ranged sneak attack +5d6|
Home Prestige Classes