(adapted from Path of the Sword)
Alignment: Any lawful.
Hit Die: d10.
Luck Die: d4.
- Skill List: The commander's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Craft (all skills taken individually)(Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Listen (Wis), Jump (Str), Profession (all skills taken individually)(Wis), Ride (Dex), Sense Motive (Wis), and Swim (Str).
- Note: Because the Three Worlds campaign uses the Skills by Character house rule, the list of class skills given here is only included for the sake of completeness, and is not used by characters in the campaign setting.
- Skill Points at 1st Level: (3 + Intelligence modifier) x 4.
- Skill Points at Each Additional Class Level: 3 + Intelligence modifier.
All of the following are class features of the commander:
- Base Attack Bonus: Good. A commander gains +1 base attack bonus per class level.
- Fortitude Base Save Bonus: Poor. A commander gains +1⁄3 base Fortitude save bonus per class level.
- Reflex Base Save Bonus: Poor. A commander gains +1⁄3 base Reflex save bonus per class level.
- Will Base Save Bonus: Good. A commander gains a +2½ base Will save bonus at first level, and an additional +½ base Will save bonus per class level.
- Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Commanders are proficient with all simple and martial weapons, and all armor and shields (including tower shields).
- Bonus Feat: At 2nd level, 5th level, 8th level, 11th level, 14th level, 17th level, and 20th level, the commander gains a bonus feat. These feats may be any feats from from the fighter bonus feat list except Weapon Specialization, Greater Weapon Focus, or Greater Weapon Specialization.
- Command (Ex): The commander is a skilled combatant, second only to the fighter in skill and flexibility. He is, however, also capable of inspiring others. The commander may activate his Command ability a number of times per day equal to his Charisma modifier (minimum of once per day). The commander may target a number of allies equal to the number of commander levels that he possesses. For each level of this ability, the commander may choose one of the following benefits to confer upon his allies. He may choose the same benefit more than once, and all command bonuses stack with one another. All affected allies are granted the same bonus - the commander may not choose different bonuses for different allies within the same use of the ability. Using Command is a move-equivalent action. The effect of Command lasts until one of the following happens: (a) the commander loses sight of his allies, (b) the commander becomes unconscious for any reason, (c) the commander issues a new Command, or (d) 1 minute per commander level elapses.
- Offensive Tactics: Chosen allies gain a +1 command bonus to their attack rolls.
- Defensive Tactics: Chosen allies gain a +1 command bonus to their Armor Class.
- Stand Fast: Chosen allies gain a +1 command bonus to their Fortitude saves.
- Head Up: Chosen allies gain a +1 command bonus to their Reflex saves.
- Inspiration: Chosen allies gain a +1 command bonus to their Will saves.
- On the Double: Chosen allies gain a +5 foot command bonus to their movement.
- Coordinate: Two allies who both threaten the same target are considered to be flanking it, even if they are otherwise not able to do so.
- First Strike: Chosen allies gain a +2 command bonus to Initiative rolls.
- Close and Attack: Chosen allies gain a +2 command bonus to Armor Class against Attacks of Opportunity incurred by moving through a threatened area (but not against those incurred for other reasons such as spell casting or using a ranged weapon).
|Bonus Feat, Command III|
|Bonus Feat, Command VI|
Home Base Classes