Luck Die: d4.
To become a mighty contender of Þunor, one must meet the following criteria:
- Alignment: Chaotic good.
- Base Fortitude Save: +5.
- Skills: Knowledge: Religion 9+ ranks.
- Feats: Endurance, Power Attack.
- Spell Casting: Must be able to cast divine spells.
- Special: Must have Þunor as their patron deity.
- The mighty contenders of Þunor have the following class skills (listed with the key ability for each skill): Concentration (Con), Craft: Any (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Heal (Wis), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge: Nature (Int), Knowledge: Religion (Int), Profession: Any (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Spellcraft (Int), and Survival (Wis).
- Note: Because the Three Worlds campaign uses the Skills by Character house rule, the list of class skills given here is only included for the sake of completeness, and is not used by characters in the campaign setting.
- Skill Points at each level: 2 + Intelligence modifier.
All of the following are class features of the mighty contender of Þunor prestige class.
- Base Attack Bonus: Average. A mighty contender of Þunor gains +¾ base attack bonus per class level.
- Base Fortitude Save Bonus: Good. A mighty contender of Þunor gains a +½ base Fortitude save bonus per class level.
- Base Reflex Save Bonus: Poor. A mighty contender of Þunor gains a +1⁄3 base Reflex save bonus per class level.
- Base Will Save Bonus: Good. A mighty contender of Þunorr gains a +½ base Will save bonus per class level.
- Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: Mighty contenders of Þunor are proficient with all simple and martial weapons, all types of armor, all shields (except tower shields).
- Spells: A mighty contender of Þunor continues his magical training as a divine spell caster, but more slowly. For every two levels gained as a mighty contender, he gains new spells per day as if he had also gained one level in a divine spell casting class. He does not, however, gain any other benefit of the spell casting class that the character would have gained (such as turning undead). This essentially means that he adds half his mighty contender level to the level of some other spell casting class he has, then determines spells per day and caster level accordingly. If he has more than one divine spell casting class, the mighty contender must decide which to assign his new level of spell casting ability to.
- Mighty Endurance (Ex): A mighty contender of Þunor has a special form of damage resistance that allows him to ignore five points of nonlethal damage every time he is dealt nonlethal damage. This ability applies to all effects that deal nonlethal damage.
- Feat of Strength (Su): When a mighty contender of Þunor performs a feat of strength (the granted power of the Strength domain) he may add his mighty contender levels to his cleric levels and favored soul levels to determine his Strength enhancement for one round. A mighty contender can perform a feat of strength a number of times equal to his unmodified Strength modifier, but always at least once.
- Surge of Strength (Su): When a mighty contender of at least 3rd level performs a feat of strength, the enhancement bonus lasts for 1d4+1 rounds.
- Strength Increase (Ex): When a mighty contender of Þunor reaches 5th level, and again at 9th level, he increases his Strength by one. This increase is not an enhancement bonus, it is an ability score increase like any character would normally receive every four levels.
- Feat of Power (Su): Once per day, when performing a surge of strength, a mighty contender of Þunor of at least 7th level or higher may add one and one-half times his combined cleric, favored soul, and mighty contender levels to his Strength score for the first round of the surge. For the remaining 1d4 rounds he adds only his level to his Strength score.
- Surge of Power (Su): Once per day when performing a surge of strength, a 10th level mighty contender of Þunor can add one and one-half times his combined mighty contender, cleric, and favored soul levels to his Strength score for the duration of the surge.
|Level||Special||Spells per Day|
|1st||Mighty endurance, feat of strength|
|2nd||-||+1 level of existing class|
|3rd||Surge of strength|
|4th||-||+1 level of existing class|
|6th||-||+1 level of existing class|
|7th||Feat of power|
|8th||-||+1 level of existing class|
|10th||Surge of power||+1 level of existing class|
Home Prestige Classes Þunor