Luck Die: d3.
To become a Moondancer of Vali, one must meet the following criteria:
- Alignment: Chaotic good or chaotic neutral.
- Base Attack Bonus: +4.
- Skills: Craft: Tattoo 4 ranks, Perform: Dance 4 ranks, Survival 2 ranks.
- Feats: Blind-Fight, Endurance, Inscribe Magical Tattoo, Weapon Proficiency: Leaf Spear.
- Spell Casting: Must be able to cast second level divine spells.
- Special: Must have Vali as their patron deity.
- Special: Must be female.
- The Moondancer’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Concentration (Con), Craft: Any (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Handle Animal (Cha), Heal (Wis), Knowledge: Arcana (Int), Knowledge: Geography (Int), Knowledge: Local (Int), Knowledge: Nature (Int), Knowledge: Religion (Int), Profession: Any (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Spellcraft (Int), and Survival (Wis).
- Note: Because the Three Worlds campaign uses the Skills by Character house rule, the list of class skills given here is only included for the sake of completeness, and is not used by characters in the campaign setting.
- Skill Points at each level: 2 + Intelligence modifier
All the following are class features of the moondancer of Vali prestige class:
- Base Attack Bonus: Average. A moondancer of Vali gains +¾ base attack bonus per class level.
- Base Fortitude Save Bonus: Good. A moondancer of Vali gains a +½ base Fortitude save bonus per class level.
- Base Reflex Save Bonus: Poor. A moondancer of Vali gains a +1⁄3 base Reflex save bonus per class level.
- Base Will Save Bonus: Good. A moondancer of Vali gains a +½ base Will save bonus per class level.
- Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: Moondancers of Vali are proficient in all simple weapons, but no types of armor or shields.
- Spells: A Moondancer of Vali continues training in magic. Thus, when a new moondancer level is gained, the character gains new spells per day, as if she had also gained a level in a divine spell casting class she already belongs to. She does not gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained (improved chance of controlling or rebuking undead, metamagic or item creation feats and so on).
- Moon Spells: A moondancer can pray for, and receive any Moon domain spell as if it were on their divine spell list. The spell uses a spell slot of a level equal to its level in the Moon domain list.
- Twilight Senses (Ex): A moondancer gains low-light vision.
- Vali’s Hand (Su): When a moondancer wields a leaf spear, they can negate damage reduction in creatures they attack as if they were using a +1 weapon. At sixth level they negate damage reduction as if their leaf spear was a +2 weapon, and at ninth level, the effect increases so that the damage reduction is negated as if the belly spear was a +3 weapon. If the leaf spear’s bonus is greater than the effect of the class ability, use the spear’s bonus to determine whether damage reduction is negated.
- Beastmaster Domain: A moondancer gains access to the Beastmaster prestige domain. She gains the granted power associated with the domain (speak with animals once per day per level of moondancer) and can choose the spells in that domain as her daily domain spells (if she has any daily domain spell slots).
- Vali’s Eyes (Su): Moondancers can see as if under the effect of a true seeing spell cast by a cleric equal to their divine caster level. Activating this ability is a standard action.
- Vali’s Shapeshifting (Su): Moondancers who contract any form of lycanthropy are treated as natural lycanthropes. Their type becomes shapechanger, and they can select the Improved Control Shape feat and the Scent ability at any time they can select a new feat. Moondancers do not change alignment due to contracting lycanthropy, and are aware of their actions while in animal or hybrid form.
- Moonshield (Su): Moondancers gain a +1 bonus to saving throws against Enchantment, Illusion and Necromancy spells and effects as well as spells and effects with the Darkness descriptor.
- Moonfire (Sp): Moondancers can cast moonfire once per day as a cleric of their caster level. Activating this ability is a standard action.
Moondancer of Vali
|Level||Special||Spells per Day|
|1st||Moon spells||+1 level of existing class|
|2nd||Twilight senses||+1 level of existing class|
|3rd||Vali’s Hand +1||+1 level of existing class|
|4th||Beastmaster domain||+1 level of existing class|
|5th||Vali’s Eyes once per day||+1 level of existing class|
|6th||Vali’s Hand +2, Vali’s Shapeshifting||+1 level of existing class|
|7th||Moonshield||+1 level of existing class|
|8th||Vali’s Eyes twice per day||+1 level of existing class|
|9th||Vali’s Hand +3||+1 level of existing class|
|10th||Moonfire||+1 level of existing class|
Home Prestige Classes Vali