- Arcane Bolt (Su): Starting at 1st level you can unleash a bolt of force as a standard action targeting any foe within 30 feet as a ranged touch attack. This ray deals 1d3 points of damage of force damage plus 1 for every two caster levels you possess.
- Metamagic Adept (Ex): At 3rd level you can apply any one metamagic feat to a spell you are about to cast without increasing the casting time. You must still expend an appropriate-level spell slot to cast the metamagically enhanced spell. You can use this ability one time per day at 3rd level, and one additional time per day for every four sorcerer levels your possess beyond 3rd, up to five times per day at 19th level. At 20th level, this ability is replaced by arcane apotheosis.
- New Arcana (Ex): At 9th level you can add any one spell that you are capable of casting to your list of spells known. You can also add one additional spell at 13th level and 17th level.
- School Power (Ex): At 15th level, pick one school of magic. The DC for any spells you cast of that school increases by +2. This bonus stacks with the bonus granted by Spell Focus, Greater Spell Focus, and Alvari School Power.
- Arcane Apotheosis (Ex): At 20th level your body surges with arcane power. You can add any metamagic feats to your spells without increasing their casting time, although you must still expend appropriate-level spell slots to cast the metamagically enhanced spell. Whenever you are using magic items that require charges you can instead expend spell slots to power the item. For every three levels of spell slots that you expend, you consume one less charge when using a magic item that expends charges.
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Campaign Design - Sorcerer Heritage: Alvari
One of your distant ancestors was an alvari. While others may become accomplished wizards through study and practice, your powers developed without any need for such efforts.
Heritage Arcana: Whenever you apply a metamagic feat to a spell that increases the slot used by at least one level, increase the spell’s DC by + 1. This bonus does not stack with itself and does not apply to spells modified by the Heighten Spell feat.
Heritage Powers: Magic comes naturally to you, but as you gain levels you must take care to prevent the power from overwhelming you.