- Shadowstrike (Sp): At 1st level, you can make a melee touch attack as a standard action that inflicts 1d4 points of nonlethal damage + 1 for every two sorcerer levels you possess. In addition, the target is dazzled for 1 minute. Creatures with low-light vision or darkvision are not dazzled by this ability.
- Nighteye (Ex): At 3rd level, you gain darkvision 30 feet. At 9th level, you gain darkvision 60 feet. If you already possess darkvision, its range is increased by these amounts.
- Shadow Well (Sp): At 9th level, you can use the Hide skill even while being observed and without cover or concealment, as long as you are within 10 feet of a shadow other than your own. In addition, when within an area of darkness or dim light, as a standard action you may choose to switch places with a willing ally within 60 feet, who must also be in darkness or dim light. At 13th level, you can instead switch the positions of two willing allies, each of whom must be within 60 feet of you. Unless otherwise noted, this travel is identical to dimension door. You may use the ability to switch places once per day at 9th level, plus one additional time per day at 17th level and 20th level.
- Enveloping Darkness (Sp): At 15th level, you may create an area of deeper darkness that you can see through without penalty. All creatures except you are entangled within this darkness (as the spell entangle, but with shadow instead of greenery) unless using freedom of movement or a similar effect. You may use this ability once per day.
- Shadow Master (Su): At 20th level, you can see perfectly in natural or magical darkness. When you use shadow conjuration or shadow evocation spells, your creations are 20% more real, and any creatures you create gain the benefits of the Augment Summoning feat.
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Campaign Design - Sorcerer Heritages: Shadow
Spirits from the shadow plane dally at times in the world of light, and one such as these lay with your ancestors once upon a time, imparting the mystery of shadow-stuff into your lineage. You are often sullen and withdrawn, preferring to skulk at the fringes of social circles and keep to yourself, cultivating an air of mystery and majesty that is all your own.
Heritage Arcana: Whenever you cast a spell with the [darkness] descriptor or the shadow subschool, you gain a circumstance bonus on Hide and Move Silently checks equal to the spell’s level for 1d4 rounds.
Heritage Powers: Your benighted heritage infuses your mastery of magic with the essence of shadowstuff.