- Serpent’s Fang (Ex): At 1st level, you can grow fangs as a free action. These fangs are treated as a natural weapon inflicting 1d4 points of damage plus your Strength modifier (1d3 if you are Small) plus poison (Bite - injury; Fortitude negates DC 10 + ½ your sorcerer level + your Constitution modifier; initial and secondary damage 1 Con damage). At 5th level, these fangs are considered magical for the purpose of overcoming damage resistance and the poison damage increases to 1d2 Con. At 7th level, the save DC for your poison increases by +2. At 11th level, your poison damage increases to 1d4 Con.
- Serpentfriend (Ex): At 3rd level, you can use speak with animals at will with reptilian animals (including various forms of dinosaurs, lizards, and other cold-blooded creatures), and you gain a viper as an additional familiar using your sorcerer level -2 as your effective level.
- Snakeskin (Ex): At 9th level, you gain a +1 bonus to natural armor, a +2 racial bonus on saves against poison, and a +2 bonus on Escape Artist checks. At 13th level and 17th level, these bonuses increase by +1.
- Den of Vipers (Sp): At 15th level, you may summon a host of writhing serpents. This power acts as creeping doom, but the swarms’ poison inflicts Constitution damage and any creature other than you sharing a space with a swarm is entangled. You may use this ability once per day.
- Scaled Soul (Su): At 20th level, you gain the shapechanger subtype, and you can assume the form of a reptilian humanoid (as alter self) or snake of Diminutive to Huge size (as polymorph) at will. You retain the power of speech and the ability to use somatic spell components when transformed. You also become immune to poison and paralysis. You may choose to inflict damage to any ability score with your serpent's fang ability.
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Campaign Design - Sorcerer Heritages: Seþra-Touched
Your bloodline carries the lingering effect of Seþra's influence, anointed by her power and gifted with her cold cunning and subtle manipulation. While deception and a mesmeric charm are your birthright, you may struggle for truth in spite of your heritage.
Heritage Arcana: Your powers of compulsion can affect even bestial creatures. Whenever you cast a mind-affecting or language-dependent spell, it affects animals, magical beasts, and monstrous humanoids as if they were humanoids who understood your language.
Heritage Powers: The treacherous and yet hypnotic serpent’s blood that flows through you taints your magic with a sinuous and seductive grace.