- Grave Touch (Su): Starting at 1st level, you can make a melee touch attack as a standard action that deals 1d6 points of cold damage + 1 for every two caster levels you possess. Creatures damaged by this attack automatically fail all stabilization checks made within 1 minute of your touch.
- Death's Gift (Su): At 3rd level, you gain cold resistance 5 and DR 5/- against nonlethal damage. At 9th level, your resistance to cold increases to 10 and your Dr increases to 10/- against nonlethal damage.
- Grasp of the Dead (Su): At 9th level, you can cause a swarm of skeletal arms to burst from the ground to rip and tear your foes. The skeletal arms erupt from the ground in a 20-foot-radius burst. Anyone in this area takes 1d6 points of slashing damage per caster level. Those caught in the area receive a Reflex save for half damage. Those who fail the save are also unable to move for 1 round The DC for this save is equal to 10 + ½ your sorcerer level + your Constitution modifier. The skeletal arms are spectral and disappear after 1 round. The arms must burst up from a solid surface. At 9th level you can use this ability once per day. At 17th level you can use this ability twice per day. At 20th level you can use this ability three times per day. This power has a range of 60 feet.
- Incorporeal Form (Su): At 15th level, you can become incorporeal for 1 round per caster level. While in this form, you gain the incorporeal subtype and your spells do not affect corporeal creatures, but your grave touch ability functions normally. You can use this ability once per day.
- One of Us (Ex): At 20th level, your form begins to rot (although the appearance is up to you) and undead begin to see you as one of them. You gain immunity to cold, nonlethal damage, paralysis, and sleep. You also gain DR 5/-. Unintelligent undead do not notice you unless you attack them. You receive a +4 morale bonus on saving throws made against spells and spell-like abilities cast by undead.
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Campaign Design - Sorcerer Heritages: Undead
The touch of the grave runs through your family. Perhaps one of your ancestors became a powerful lich or vampire, or maybe you were born dead before suddenly returning to life. Either way, the forces of death move through you and touch your every action.
Heritage Arcana: Some undead are susceptible to your mind-affecting spells. Corporeal undead that were once humanoids are treated as humanoids for the purposes of determining which spells affect them.
Heritage Powers: You can call upon the foul powers of the afterlife. Unfortunately, the more you draw upon them, the closer you come to joining them.