- Lullaby (Sp): At 1st level, you can use lullaby as a spell-like ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier. This effect lasts for 1 minute and does not require concentration. The penalty on saves versus sleep effects is increased to -4.
- Combat Precognition (Su): Your insight into the future grants you an advantage in combat. At 3rd level you gain a +1 insight bonus on initiative checks. This bonus increases by an additional +1 every 4 levels thereafter.
- Dreamshaper (Sp): At 9th level, you can manipulate the dreams of others, drawing forth or tampering with their subconscious minds. This power allows you to tamper with the target’s memories as if using modify memory, or you may ask questions as if using speak with dead upon a corpse. A successful Will save negates the effect. The DC of this save is equal to 10 + ½ your sorcerer level + your Charisma modifier, with further modifiers as the nightmare spell. You can use this ability once per day at 9th level. At 17th level you can use this ability twice per day, and at 20th, three times per day.
- Eye of Lyssa (Sp): At 15th level, you can project your consciousness as if using arcane eye. In addition, at any point you can cause the arcane eye to become visible. The eye can no longer be moved, but it acts as a symbol of sleep to all who see it. You may use this power once per day.
- Solipsism (Ex): At 20th level, you can drift into the dream world, fading from the world around you. You can become incorporeal for 1 minute per sorcerer level. You gain the incorporeal subtype and take only half damage from corporeal magical attacks (you take no damage from nonmagical weapons and objects). Your spells deal only half damage to corporeal creatures, but spells and abilities that do not deal damage function normally. The duration need not be continuous, but it must be used in 1 minute increments.
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Campaign Design - Sorcerer Heritages: Lyßan
Your heritage has been touched by the mad prescience of Lyßa, which manifests in your subconscious and allows you to manipulate the dreams of others. Whether it is a gift or curse is not always clear, but your visions of the past and future call you ineluctably to a life of adventure.
Heritage Arcana: Whenever you target a single creature with a spell, you gain an insight bonus equal to half the spell’s level (minimum +1) for 1 round to your Armor Class and saving throws against any spell or attack made by that creature.
Heritage Powers: You reach out into and through the world of dreams to touch the minds and destinies of those around you.