- Mystic Shield (Sp): At 1st level, you can create a force shield granting a +4 shield bonus to your Armor Class as a move action that lasts a number of rounds equal to your sorcerer level. The shield also automatically absorbs up to 20 points of damage from Force effect spells such as magic missile. You may use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier.
- Natural Resistance (Ex): At 3rd level, you may choose one type of energy (acid, cold, electricity, fire, or sonic) and gain energy resistance 5 for that type of energy. Once chosen it cannot be changed. At 9th level, you may either choose another energy type and gain Energy Resistance 5 for the second type of energy or you may increase your initial selection by 5 to Energy Resistance of 10.
- Minor Invulnerability (Su): At 9th level, you may use a swift action to grant yourself Immunity to 1st level spells for a number of rounds equal to ½ your sorcerer level. You may use this ability once per day. At 17th level the immunity expands to 2nd level spells and this power may be used twice per day. At 20th level the immunity expands to 3rd level spells and this power may be used three times per day.
- Magic Resistance (Su): At 15th level, you gain spell resistance equal to 10 + your sorcerer class level.
- True Abjurer (Sp): At 20th level, the initial resistance you chose for your Natural Resistance becomes Immunity and your Mystic Shield power grants you a +6 shield bonus and automatically absorbs up to 100 points of force damage from spells such as magic missile. In addition, when you cast any spell from the school of Abjuration you may apply the effects of either the Empower Spell or Extend Spell metamagic feat without increasing the effective spell level of the spell, though the casting time when applying a metamagic feat to a spontaneous spell still applies.
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Campaign Design - Sorcerer Heritages: Abjuration
Abjuration-blooded alvari believe that only through a good defense can one hope to withstand the onslaughts of others. They have mastered the ability to harness protective energies against all sorts of attacks, both magical and mundane.
Prerequisite: Only an alvari of the abjuration birth school may take this bloodline.
Heritage Arcana: When you cast a spell from the school of abjuration, the duration for any spell with a variable duration based on your class level lasts 50% longer. This bonus does not stack with the increase granted by the Extend Spell feat.
Heritage Powers: Your ties to the school of abjuration grant you defensive abilities that grow stronger as you gain experience and power.