- Magic Sense (Sp): At 1st level, you may detect magic at will as a spell-like ability, using your sorcerer level as your effective caster level. You add your Charisma modifier to any Spellcraft skill checks to identify the properties of a magic item.
- Guiding Hand (Sp): At 3rd level, you may grant an ally or yourself a +2 competence bonus to a single attack roll, saving throw, or skill check as a standard action by touch. Once activated the target has up to 1 minute before the effect wears off, though once the bonus is used, the effect immediately ends. Only one recipient may be granted this bonus at a time. The bonus increases by +1 at 7th level and every four levels thereafter. You may only use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier.
- Eldritch Vision (Sp): At 9th level, you gain magical vision that grants you the ability to see invisible opponents including those that may be ethereal. This effect is constant, though you may voluntarily drop or restart the effect as a move action. Otherwise it operates as the see invisibility spell. You also gain a +4 bonus versus illusions and are allowed a saving throw when you first encounter the illusion if it is of the figment or glamer subschools.
- Touch the Infinite Veil (Sp): At 15th level, you may reach out to the powers beyond time and space and ask a question regarding the present or near present that has a simple answer, such as yes, no, or a short phrase. It is possible that no real answer may be given. You must spend 1 minute in meditation to initiate this power and may only ask one question, but otherwise it is identical to the commune spell. You may use this power a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier.
- Omniscient Sense (Sp): At 20th level, you can focus on one individual or location as a standard action and know the exact location of the target even if the target is on a different plane of existence as the discern location spell. You may use this power a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier.
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Campaign Design - Sorcerer Heritages: Divination
The stars align and your visions have the clarity of truth. Your ability to discern what may be versus what will be sets you apart for those that make claims of seeing the future.
Prerequisite: Only an alvari of the divination birth school may take this bloodline.
Heritage Arcana: When casting a spell from the school of divination that requires concentration, the spell persists for a number of rounds equal to your class level once you stop concentrating.
Heritage Powers: Your ties to the powers of divination and soothsaying fuel your abilities to sense the unseen and foresee the possible events within the immediate future.