- Ghoulish Claws (Su): Starting at 1st level, you can grow claws as a free action. These claws are treated as natural weapons, allowing you to make two claw attacks as a full attack using your full base attack bonus. Each of these attacks deals 1d4 points of damage + your Strength modifier (1d3 if you are Small). At 5th level, creatures damaged with your claw attack are paralyzed for 1 round, as the ghoul ability (Fort negates). At 7th level, the duration of the paralysis increases to 1d4 + 1 rounds, and the claws are considered magic weapons for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction. If you’re a ghoul with this bloodline, instead of gaining this ability, your levels in sorcerer stack with your racial Hit Dice when determining the DC of your paralysis and disease special abilities.
- Leathery Skin (Ex): At 3rd level, you gain cold resistance 5 and a +1 natural armor bonus to Armor Class. At 9th level, your cold resistance increases to 10 and natural armor bonus increases to +2. At 15th level, your natural armor bonus increases to +4.
- Ravenous Frenzy (Ex): At 9th level, you gain the benefits of haste for a number of rounds per day equal to your sorcerer level. These rounds don’t need to be consecutive. Each time you hit a creature with two or more claw attacks during a full attack while affected by this ability, that creature takes 1d4 points of bleed damage.
- Earth Crawler (Su): At 15th level, you gain a burrow speed of 30 feet. Additionally, as long as you are surrounded by at least 5 feet of dirt or natural stone on all sides, you gain fast healing 10. You can heal a number of hit points per day equal to 10 × your sorcerer level with this ability.
- Ghoulish Aspect (Su): At 20th level, you take on aspects of the nature and appearance of ghouls. You no longer feel the need to eat and are immune to hunger (though you are still able to consume flesh if you choose to). You gain immunity to cold, nonlethal damage, paralysis, and sleep. You also gain DR 5/-. Additionally, you gain the stench ability with a radius of 10 feet. Creatures that fail their Fortitude saving throws are sickened for 1d6 + 4 minutes. Use half your sorcerer level instead of half your racial Hit Dice to determine the saving throw DC.
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Campaign Design - Sorcerer Heritages: Tuni-Touched
Your bloodline has been touched by Tuni, the Demon Lord of ghouls. Your connection to the hungering undead shapes your magic.
Heritage Arcana: Whenever you cast a spell of the necromancy school that deals hit point damage, you are healed 1 hit point per spell level.
Heritage Powers: The dark energies that fuel your existence and undying hunger form the basis of your power.