- Tanglevine (Sp): At 1st level, as a standard action, you can create a 15-foot-long, animated vine that springs from your hand. This vine lasts for 1 round and can be used to make a single disarm or trip attack, using your sorcerer level plus your Charisma modifier in place of your normal base attack bonus.
- Photosynthesis (Ex): At 3rd level, you feed upon nature’s raw essence. Your need to eat and sleep is reduced as if wearing a ring of sustenance, and you gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws made against poison and sleep effects. At 9th level, these bonuses increase to +4.
- Massmorph (Sp): At 9th level, as a full-round action, you can alter the size and health of plant life, as if using plant growth or diminish plants. Alternatively, you can transform one willing non-plant creature per sorcerer level (no two of which can be more than 30 feet apart) as tree shape. You may transform creatures as polymorph at 15th level, or shapechange at 20th level, but only into plant creatures. You can transform non-plant creatures using this power once per day.
- Rooting (Ex): At 15th level, as a move action, you can extend roots into the ground. Your speed is reduced to 5 feet, but you gain a +4 bonus to natural armor and a +10 bonus to your base attack bonus against bull rush, overrun, and trip attacks. You also gain tremorsense 30 feet and fast healing 1. You can use this power for a number of minutes per day equal to your sorcerer level. This duration need not be consecutive, but it must be used in 1-minute increments.
- Shepherd of the Trees (Su): At 20th level, your verdant heritage fully manifests. You gain a +4 natural armor bonus. You gain immunity to paralysis, poison, polymorph, sleep, and stunning, and you gain tremorsense 30 feet even when not rooted.
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Campaign Design - Sorcerer Heritages: Verdant
The divine Syfa has blessed your bloodline. Your heritage is infused with raw plant life, giving you innate communion with nature.
Heritage Arcana: Whenever you cast a spell with a range of personal, your skin toughens, granting you a natural armor bonus equal to the spell’s level for 1d4 rounds. This bonus does not stack with any other natural armor bonuses you might have.
Heritage Powers: The power of living things infuses every aspect of your magic, as you draw power from nature and its life energies flow through you.