You are able to create a mystical performance using elaborate dance steps and body postures.
Prerequisites: Bardic music ability, Perform: Dancing 1+ ranks.
Benefit: You are able to use your bardic music abilities to create mystical performances with dance. Some bardic music abilities require concentration, which means the bard must take a standard action each round to maintain the ability. While dancing, you cannot engage in combat or movement, but you can cast spells that do not require somatic components and activate magic items by magic words (such as wands). In addition to the abilities listed below, you gain a +2 synergy bonus on Perform checks when using the following mystical performance effects: Spell Delay and Sustain Spell.
- Unsettling Dance (Su): A bard with 8 or more ranks in the Perform: Dancing skill can perform a dance that mimics an unpredictable spinning attack pattern. The bard must make a Perform skill check when this dance begins. The DC of the check is (10 + the Hit Dice of any intended target); any foe who has Hit Dice that total higher than (the bard's Perform check result - 10) are immune to the Unsettling Dance. The bard may unsettle one eligible foe within 15 feet for every point of his Charisma modifier (minimum of 1). These unsettled foes are treated as if they are flanked for as long as the bard remains within 15 feet of their location, regardless of whether any other characters or creatures are near them. The targeted enemies are simply too leery of the bard to pay full attention to their own defenses. The dance only works against those targets that can see the bard - the deceptive footwork and flashy displays of the performance do not fool the other senses. This is a mind-affecting ability.
- Shield Dance (Su): A bard with 8 or more ranks in the Perform: Dancing skill can perform a dance that allows them to flit to and fro between an enemy and the bard's allies. To begin this performance, the bard must make a Perform: Dancing check with a DC equal to (5 + the Hit Dice of the foe with the highest Hit Dice). If the check fails, the bard stumbles around foolishly for a few seconds and sacrifices his action for this turn, but otherwise suffers no ill effects. If the bard succeeds, he provides a +1 circumstance bonus to the Armor Class of any allies within 15 feet of his location at the beginning of the round. This dance consumes a full-round action and does not provoke attacks of opportunity. Though the bard dances between his allies and their enemies during the round, the bard begins and ends the round in the same location. This is a mind-affecting ability.
- Juggling Dance (Su): A bard with 8 or more ranks in the Perform: Dancing skill can perform a dance that is one of the few bardic abilities that is a direct attack. When the bard attempts this performance, he must dance about and juggle a handful of knives or other small objects for one to six rounds, during which time he is unable to take any other actions. At the end of the dance, the bard unleashes a barrage of small, thrown weapons, which he has been juggling. AT this point, the bard must make a DC 15 Perform; Dance or Perform: Juggling check, with a +1 bonus to the roll for every round spent in preparation.
- Dance of the Naked Hand (Su): A bard of 2nd level with 9 or more ranks in the Perform: Dancing skill can generate an intense arcane energy surrounding his body that can be seen as a dimly glowing silver aura. This energy is used to provide strength and accuracy to the unarmed attacks of an ally.
- Dance of the Eased Mind (Su): A bard of 3rd level with 12 or more ranks in the Perform: Dancing skill may use this dance that is a favorite among courtiers and other bards that are called upon to entertain the elite of the world. A bard skilled in this dance can earn a fortune from the nobility, who will pay handsomely to use this dance to their advantage. The dance is exhausting, and only a few bards have the ability to perform it for long periods of time - those who can, however, can earn up to 100 shillings per hour for their talents.
- Rejuvenating Dance (Su): A bard of 7th level with 15 or more ranks in the Perform: Dancing skill is able to fill an area with the energy of their dance, reducing the severity of his companion's wounds and helping them rest. The performance of this dance requires three full hours, during which the bard is incapable of taking any other action. Once the bard finishes his dance, he must immediately rest for eight hours, so drained is he by the efforts of releasing his personal energies.