- Cold Steel (Sp): At 1st level, you can touch a weapon or up to 50 pieces of ammunition as a standard action, giving it the frost property for a number of rounds equal to ½ your sorcerer level (minimum 1). At 9th level, you can confer the icy burst property instead, but the duration of the power is halved. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier.
- Icewalker (Ex): At 3rd level, you gain cold resistance 5 and can move across snow and icy surfaces without penalty and without leaving tracks. At 9th level, you gain cold resistance 10 and can climb icy surfaces as if using spider climb.
- Snow Shroud (Su): At 9th level, you ignore concealment and Listen, Search, and Spot penalties in natural or magical snow, ice, fog, and similar weather conditions. In addition, you can surround yourself with a cloak of swirling snow for a number of rounds per day equal to your sorcerer level. This power acts and deals damage as a fire shield (chill shield) that sheds no light. It provides a 20% miss chance on attacks made against you and grants a bonus on Hide and Move Silently checks equal to ½ your sorcerer level in snowy or icy areas. You can use this ability once per day at 9th level, twice per day at 17th, and three times per day at 20th.
- Blizzard (Sp): At 15th level, you can create a savage winter storm centered on you. This power acts as control winds, but in addition the entire area (not including the “eye” at the center of the storm) is affected as a sleet storm and all in the area are exposed to extreme cold. You may use this ability once per day.
- Child of Ancient Winters (Su): At 20th level you gain the cold subtype and become immune to cold, fatigue, and exhaustion. In addition, you gain immunity to sneak attacks and critical hits. This power causes you to gain vulnerability to fire.
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Campaign Design - Sorcerer Heritages: Frostborn
Descended from inhabitants of the lands of ice and snow, you count creatures of cold such as ice elementals or frost giants among your ancestors. Their savage and raw energies flow down through generations to infuse you to the marrow with the chill of the polar wind, crackling auroras, and the long winter’s night.
Heritage Arcana: Whenever you cast a spell with the cold descriptor, increase the spell’s save DC by 1.
Heritage Powers: Your connection to primeval winters grants you a mastery of cold magic that few can match, and a savagery that fewer still can withstand.