- Touch of Destiny (Su): Starting at 1st level, you can touch a creature as a standard action to give it a bonus to a single attack roll, skill check, ability check, or saving throw equal to half your caster level (minimum of +1). This bonus lasts for 3 rounds or until it is used. Once a creature has benefited from touch of destiny, it can gain no further benefit from this ability for 1 day.
- Fated (Su): Starting at 3rd level you gain a +1 luck bonus on all your saving throws during surprise rounds or if you are otherwise unaware of the attack. At 7th level and every four levels thereafter, this bonus increases by +1, to a maximum of +5 at 19th level.
- It Was Meant to Be (Su): At 9th level you may reroll any one attack roll, critical hit confirmation roll, or level check made to overcome spell resistance. You must decide to use the ability after the first roll is made but before the results are revealed. You must take the second result, even if it is worse. At 9th level you can use this ability once per day. At 17th level you can use this ability twice per day.
- Within Reach (Su): At 15th level your ultimate destiny is drawing near. Once per day, when an attack or spell that causes damage would result in your death, you may attempt a DC 20 Will save. if successful, you are instead reduced to -9 hit points and are automatically stabilized. The bonus from your fated ability applies to this save.
- Destiny Realized (Su): At 20th level your moment of destiny is at hand. Any critical threats made against you only confirm if the second roll results in a natural 20 on the die. Any critical threats you score are automatically confirmed. Once per day, you can automatically succeed at one caster level check made to overcome spell resistance. You must use this ability before making the roll.
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Campaign Design - Sorcerer Heritages: Destined
You are destined for greatness in some way, having been touched by Füllar's power. Your birth could have been foretold in prophecy, or it might have occurred during an especially auspicious event such as a conjunction of the stars or a solar eclipse.
Heritage Arcana: Whenever you cast a spell with a range of “personal,” you gain a luck bonus equal to the spell’s level on all your saving throws for 1 round.
Heritage Powers: You are destined for great things, and the powers that you gain serve to protect you.