- Heavenly Fire (Su): Starting at 1st level, you can unleash a ray of heavenly fire as a standard action, targeting any creature within 30 feet as a ranged touch attack. Against evil creatures, this ray deals 1d6 points of fire damage +1 point for every two caster levels you possess. Against good creatures, this ray heals them of 1d6 points of damage +1 for every two caster levels you possess. A good creature cannot benefit from your heavenly fire more than once per day. Neutral creatures are neither harmed nor healed by this effect.
- Celestial Resistance (Su): At 3rd level you gain acid resistance 5 and cold resistance 5. At 9th level, your resistances increase to 10.
- Wings of Heaven (Su): At 9th level you can sprout feathery wings and fly for a number of minutes equal to your sorcerer level with a speed of 60 feet and good maneuverability. This duration does not need to be consecutive, but you must use it in 1 minute increments.
- Conviction (Su): At 15th level you can reroll any one ability check, attack roll, skill check, or saving throw you just made. You must decide to use this ability after the die is rolled but before the results are revealed. You must take the second result even if it is worse. You can use this ability once per day.
- Ascension (Su): At 20th level you can call upon the power of the heavens. You gain immunity to acid, cold, and petrifaction. You also gain electricity resistance 10, fire resistance 10, and a +4 racial bonus to saves against poison. You also gain the tongues ability, allowing you to speak with any creature that has a language.
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Campaign Design - Sorcerer Heritage: Celestial
Your bloodline has been blessed with celestial power, either through a celestial ancestor, or as a result of a benefice granted by one of the Lords of Heaven. Although this power drives you along the path towards good, your fate is yours to determine.
Heritage Arcana: Whenever you cast a spell of the summoning subschool, the creatures summoned gain DR/evil equal to ½ your sorcerer level (minimum 1). This does not stack with any DR the creature might have.
Heritage Powers: Your celestial heritage grants you a great many powers, but they come at a price. The Lords of Heaven are watching you and your actions closely.