- Fangs of the Centipede (Ex): Starting at 1st level, you can grow fangs as a free action. These fangs are treated as natural weapons, allowing you to make a melee touch attack. This attack deals 1d6 points of damage plus your strength modifier (1d4 if you are Small). At 5th level the fangs are considered a magic weapon for the purposes of overcoming damage reduction. At 7th level the damage increases by one step to 1d8 points of damage (1d6 if you are Small). At 11th level the bite becomes poisonous dealing 1d3 points of Strength damage if the target fails their Fortitude save. The DC to resist the poison equals 10 + ½ your sorcerer level + your Charisma modifier. A creature that successfully saves is immune to the poison for 24 hours. This is a supernatural ability.
- Vermin Empathy (Su): At 3rd level, you gain this ability, which functions as a druid’s wild empathy, save that you can only use this ability on vermin that are not spiders. This ability functions just like a Diplomacy check made to improve the attitude of a person. You roll 1d20 and add your sorcerer level and your Charisma modifier to determine the wild empathy check result. Vermin are normally mindless, but this empathic communication imparts on them a modicum of implanted intelligence, allowing you to train vermin via Handle Animal. Vermin empathy treats swarms as if they were one creature possessing a single mind. You can thus use this ability to influence and direct the actions of swarms.
- Move Like an Insect (Ex): At 9th level, you gain a climb speed equal to ½ your land speed. You get a +8 racial bonus on all Climb checks. You must make a Climb check to climb any wall or slope with a DC higher than 0, but you can always choose to take 10, even if rushed or threatened while climbing. If you choose to make an accelerated climb, you move at double your climb speed (or at its land speed, whichever is slower) and make a single Climb check at a -5 penalty. You retain your Dexterity bonus to Armor Class (if any) while climbing, and opponents get no special bonus to their attacks against you. You cannot, however, use the run action while climbing. At 13th level, you also gain a +4 bonus on all Fortitude saves against poison.
- Chitin Form (Sp): At 15th level, you can transform your skin into insect-like chitin. This grants you a +5 natural armor bonus to Armor Class and a +8 competence bonus on Balance, Jump, and Tumble checks. As long as you stay in chitin form, you can cast poison as a spell-like ability. You can maintain chitin form for a number of rounds per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier.
- Venomous Magic (Su): At 20th level, any spell you cast that inflicts hit point damage also becomes infused with deadly poison. Creatures immune to poison are immune to venomous magic toxin.
Venomous Magic Toxin: type poison, injury; save Fortitude DC 10 + spell level + your Charisma modifier; initial and secondary damage 1d2 Dexterity.
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Campaign Design - Sorcerer Heritages: Ninkurra-Touched
Ninkurra's Infernal Hive swarms with verminous monsters, and many creatures consort with these creatures. Even honor them. Somehow, you have earned the Hive Queen's favor and the essence of these chitinous horrors found its way into your family line.
Heritage Arcana: You treat non-spider vermin as animals when targeting them with your spells. This can make vermin susceptible to mind-affecting spells, for example.
Heritage Powers: You gradually gain a strange affinity for vermin as well as insect-like powers.