- Cold resistance of 5 + 1 per Hit Die, to a maximum of 20.
- Darkvision with a range of 60 feet.
- Low-light vision.
- Shadow Blend (Su): In any conditions other than full daylight, a shadow creature can disappear into the shadows, giving it 9/10 concealment. Artificial illumination, even a light or continual flame spell does not negate this ability. A daylight spell, however, will.
- +2 luck bonus on all saving throws.
- Cause fear, once per day as a spell-like ability (save DC 11 + the creature's Charisma or Constitution modifier, whichever is higher).
- Damage reduction 5/+1.
- Mirror Image once per day, as a spell-like ability. The creature's caster level is equal to its Hit Dice.
- Plane Shift self to or from the Plane of Shadow once per day.
- Regenerate 2 hit points per round (slain if brought to 0 hit points).
Abilities: Same as the base creature.
Skills: Same as the base creature plus Move Silently 6 ranks. If the shadow creature has an Intelligence of 4 or greater, it speaks Umbran.
Feats: Same as the base creature.
Climate/Terrain: Same as the base creature.
Organization: Same as the base creature.
Challenge Rating: Same as the base creature +1.
Treasure: Same as the base creature.
Alignment: Same as the base creature, although rarely good.
Advancement: Same as the base creature.
Level Adjustment: Same as base creature +1.
Home Three Worlds Monsters