Sinthrall (adapted from Bleeding Edge Adventure #1: Mansion of Shadows)
Creating a Sinthrall
"Sinthrall" is an acquired template that can be added to any living creature with an evil alignment and an Intelligence score of 3 or more, referred to hereafter as the base creature. Creatures with this template use all of the base creature's statistics and special abilities, except as noted here:
- Envy (Sp): Once per day each, an envy sinthrall can cast charm person, detect thoughts, and undetectable alignment, as the spells. Its caster level equals its Hit Dice. The save DC is Intelligence-based.
- Gluttony (Ex): Once per day, a gluttony sinthrall may spew a 20-foot cone of corrosive vomit. Creatures in the area take 2d4 points of acid damage per 3 Hit Dice of the sinthrall. Creatures in the area may make a Reflex save for half damage (DC 10 + ½ the sinthrall's Hit Dice + the sinthrall's Constitution modifier.
- Greed (Ex): The sinthrall gains a +4 bonus to disarm and grapple attacks. It also gains a +2 bonus to initiative checks.
- Lust (Sp): Once per day, a lust sinthrall can select a single living creature within 30 feet that has Hit Dice equal to or less than its own. The target must succeed at a Will save (Dc 10 + ½ the sinthrall's Hit Dice + the sinthrall's Charisma modifier) or have its attitude changed to helpful for a number of hours equal to the sinthrall's Charisma modifier (minimum 1 hour). This ability is the equivalent of a 3rd level spell.
- Pride (Su): Once per say, s a swift action, a pride sinthrall can emit an aura of superiority in a 20-foot radius that lasts 1 round. All creatures in the area must succeed at a Will save (DC 10 + ½ the sinthrall's Hit Dice + the sinthrall's Charisma modifier) or take a -2 penalty to all attacks, weapon damage rolls, saves, and checks for a number of rounds equal to the pride sinthrall's Charisma modifier (minimum of 1 round).
- Sloth (Sp): Twice per day, a sloth sinthrall can cast suggestion as the spell. Its caster level equals its Hit Dice. The save DC is Charisma-based.
- Wrath (Ex): The wrath sinthrall can fly into a berserker rage once per day. This ability functions exactly like the barbarian rage ability If the sinthrall already has the ability to rage, it may use its rage ability one additional time per day.
- Darkvision 60 feet.
- Immunity to acid and poison.
- Cold resistance 10, electricity resistance 10, and fire resistance 10.
- Envy: Dexterity +4, and Charisma -4.
- Gluttony: Constitution +4, Wisdom -4, and Charisma -2.
- Greed: Dexterity +2, Intelligence +4, Wisdom -2, and Charisma -4.
- Lust: Constitution +2, Charisma +4, Intelligence -2, and Wisdom -4.
- Pride: +4 to any one ability and -2 to any two abilities.
- Sloth: Intelligence +2, Wisdom +4, Dexterity -4, and Constitution -2.
- Wrath: Strength +4, Intelligence -4, and Wisdom -2.
- Envy: +3 bonus to Sense Motive checks.
- Gluttony: +3 bonus to Concentration checks.
- Greed: +2 bonus to Appraise and Sleight of Hand Checks.
- Lust: +3 bonus to Bluff checks.
- Pride: +3 bonus to any one skill.
- Sloth: +3 bonus to Diplomacy checks.
- Wrath: +3 bonus to Intimidate checks.
Home Three Worlds Monsters