Speed: 30 feet
Armor Class: 14 (+2 Dexterity, +2 natural)
Attack: Bite +2 melee (1d6 + 1 plus paralysis, bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing, 20 x2)
Full Attack: Bite +2 melee (1d6 + 1 plus paralysis, bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing 20 x2) and 2 claws +0 (1d3 plus paralysis, piercing and slashing, 20 x2)Space/Reach: 5 feet by 5 feet/5 feet
Special Attacks: Ghoul fever, paralysis
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 feet, undead, +2 turn resistance
Saves: Fortitude +0, Reflex +2, Will +5
Abilities: Str 13, Int 13, Wis 14, Dex 15, Con -, Cha 12
Skills: Balance +6, Climb +5, Hide +6, Jump +5, Move Silently +6, Spot +7
Organization: Solitary, gang (2 - 4), or pack (7 - 12)
Challenge Rating: 1
Alignment: Always chaotic evil
Advancement: 3 Hit Dice (Medium)
Level Adjustment: +3
Ghouls try to attack with surprise whenever possible. They strike from behind tombstones and burst from shallow graves.
Ghouls as Characters
Most ghouls were formerly human or a member of one of the savage humanoid races (orcs, gnolls, goblinoids, and the like). Any humanoid afflicted by ghoul fever might become a ghoul.
- Type: Ghouls are undead.
- Ability Scores: +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, Constitution -. Ghouls are more agile than humans and have a natural cunning and insight. As an undead creature, a ghoul does not have a Constitution score.
- Size: Ghouls are the same size as their base race.
- Speed: Ghouls have the same base land speed as their base race.
- Automatic Languages: Ghouls remember the languages of their former existence.
- Favored Class: Ghoul (from Libris Mortis: The Book of Undead).
Home Three Worlds Monsters