- Bursting Blow (Su): All the glyph guardian's natural attacks deal +1d6 points of acid, cold, electricity, fire, or sonic damage as chosen by the glyph guardian's creator at the tile the golem is made into a glyph guardian. On a successful critical hit, a natural attack instead deals +1d10 points of the appropriate energy damage.
- Ghost Touch (Su): A glyph guardian's natural attacks function as ghost touch weapons.
- Guardian Ray (Su): As part of the creation ritual, the glyph guardian is given the ability to fire a ray at foes. This ray has a range of 100 feet and requires a ranged touch attack to hit the foe. The ray can take one of three forms as chosen by the glyph guardian's creator at the time the golem is made into a glyph guardian.
- Fire Ray: A scarlet beam of pure heat blasts the interloper for 7d6 points of fire damage. In addition, the creature struck suffers effects identical to a heat metal spell and must succeed at Will saving throws to negate the effect for the metal objects it carries. The save DC is 10 + half the glyph guardian's Hit Dice.
- Cold Ray: A silvery blue beam that crackles like breaking ice and frosts the air to visibility along its length streaks out to the trespasser for 7d6 points of cold damage. In addition, the creature struck suffers effects identical to a chill metal spell and must succeed at Will saving throws to negate the effect for the metal objects it carries. The save DC is 10 + half the glyph guardian's Hit Dice.
- Necromantic Ray: A beam the color of clotted blood snaps out to lash the intruder for 7d6 points of negative energy damage. Undead are healed by this attack instead of damaged. In addition, the creature struck suffers effects identical to a ghoul touch spell for 7 rounds unless it succeeds at a Fortitude saving throw. The save DC is 10 + half the glyph guardian's Hit Dice.
- Stasis Blow (Su): Once every 1d4 rounds, some of the glyphs on the glyph guardian's body activate, and a serpent of amber energy forms around one of the glyph guardian's natural attacks. If the glyph guardian makes a successful melee attack roll or melee touch attack, the opponent must succeed at a Fortitude save or be caught in a stasis field for 1d4 days as per sepia snake sigil. Many glyph guardians are commanded to ignore creatures contained in the amber stasis fields a glyph guardian's stasis blow imparts; this allows their creators to deal with intruders and other foes as they please. The save DC is 10 + half the glyph guardian's Hit Dice.
- True Sight (Su): A glyph guardian sees all things as they are. This ability functions as the divine version of true seeing with a range of 60 feet. A glyph guardian always sees into the Shadow Realm.
- Bonded Area (Ex): The glyph guardian is mystically made part of its guardian domain and as such is physically incapable of leaving it. The DM must define this area before the encounter begins. This area could be as small as a single room or as large as an entire castle complex, but it can be no larger than an area that could be encompassed in a 1,000-foot-diameter sphere.
- Erase Vulnerability (Ex): Although most glyph guardians boast an impressive resistance to spells and damaging magic, their source of additional power is also the source of another weakness. Vital components of a glyph guardian's magical writings are susceptible to the erase spell, just like certain magical glyphs are. Targeting the glyph guardian with this spell automatically inflicts 5d6 points of damage and prevents it from using all of the supernatural special attacks and supernatural special qualities derived from this template for 1d6 rounds.
- Teleport without Error (Su): The glyph guardian can teleport itself, its creator, and up to 50 pounds of objects anywhere within its bonded area without a chance of error. Using this ability is a move-equivalent action for the glyph guardian. It must be touching its creator to teleport its creator.
Home Three Worlds Monsters