Medium Monstrous Humanoid (Slytheen)
Speed: 30 feet, climb 15 feet, burrow 10 feet
Armor Class: 16 (+1 Dexterity, +1 natural, +4 chain shirt)
Attack: Bite +3 melee (1d3+1, bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing, 20 x2) or heavy crossbow +3 ranged (1d10, piercing, 19-20 x2, 120 feet x10)
Full Attack: Bite +3 melee (1d3+1, bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing, 20 x2) and 2 claws -2 melee (1d4, slashing, 20 x2) or heavy crossbow +3 ranged (1d10, piercing, 19-20 x2, 120 feet x10)Space/Reach: 5 feet by 5 feet/5 feet
Special Attacks: None
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 feet, craft adept, discern weakness, magnum opus, speak with rats
Saves: Fortitude +2, Reflex +4, Will +3
Abilities: Str 12, Int 16, Wis 11, Dex 12, Con 14, Cha 11
Skills: Appraise +5, Craft: Any One +7, Craft: Any One +7, Craft: Any One +7, Listen +3, Spot +2, Use Magic Device +5Feats: Skill Focus (one Craft skill)
Organization: Worskshop (10 - 30 mechanicians with one 4th - 7th level constructs for every 15 ratmen), nest (70 - 1,000 ratmen with guards as above plus one 8th - 10th level priest for every 100 ratmen)Challenge Rating: 2
Treasure: Double standard
Alignment: Usually neutral evil
Advancement: By character class
Level Adjustment: +2
Mchanicians are as eclectic in their styles of combat as they are in everything else. Some like to wade into the fray (usually "safely" ensconced within their mechanical monstrosities), while others snipe from a distance. Some swarm their enemies with hordes of constructs, while others design minions that act as lone suicide bombers or trump-card juggernauts. If it is possible, they'll try it, make it, and use it.
|Magnum Opus Type|
1 - 4
5 - 7
8 - 10
12 - 13
14 - 15
16 - 17
18 - 19
|Magnum Opus Improvement|
1 - 3
4 - 6
7 - 9
10 - 11
12 - 13
14 - 15
16 - 17
18 - 19
- Bonus Hit Dice: These are additional ten-sided (d10) Hit Dice for the magnum opus. Hit Dice also improve the magnum opus' base attack bonus (+¾ per Hit Die) and base save bonuses.
- Natural Armor: Appearances notwithstanding, the magnum opus' construction becomes increasingly sturdy as the mechanician incorporates better and often magical materials into its body and perfects its design, resulting in an increasing natural armor bonus.
- Strength Adjustment: Add this number to the magnum opus' Strength score to improve its Strength modifier.
- Special Qualities: These abilities further enhance the golem's abilities. A magnum opus can never have more than two. If the golem has two special qualities, increase its Challenge Rating by 1.
- Remote Command: Normally the mechanician commands his magnum opus by voice commands. If the golem cannot hear its creator, then it cannot take instructions. With this enhancement, the mechanician can mentally command his creation as a free action but must make a DC 13 Concentration check if he performs anything more than a partial action that round. This supernatural ability has a range of 60 feet + 5 feet per Hit Die of the magnum opus.
- Damage Reduction: The magnum opus ignores the first 5 points of damage received from nonmagical sources. Magical weapons and spells ignore this damage reduction. This stacks with any existing damage reduction.
- Spell Turning: Spells cast against this golem have a 25% chance of being reflected back on the caster as if the golem had spell turning cast upon it..
- Self Repair: By resting, the construct can knit itself back to perfect working order. The magnum opus can heal 1 point of damage each round that it remains motionless and takes no actions. It will repair itself even if attacked during this time.
- Verbal Command: Ordinarily, the magnum opus obeys the verbal commands of its creator without question, but if it cannot hear its master, it cannot receive instruction. If given general commands, it will continue carrying them out until ordered otherwise. The remote command special quality replaces this, allowing the mechanician to communicate non-verbally.
- Challenge Rating: These enhancements increase the golem's Challenge Rating. For every 4 additional Hit Dice, or 4 points of natural armor or Strength, increase the golem's Challenge rating by 1. Every 2 special qualities also increase the golem's Challenge Rating by 1. These increases are cumulative.
Home Three Worlds Monsters