Medium Monstrous Humanoid
Speed: 30 feet, swim 15 feet
Armor Class: 13 (+1 natural, +2 large shield); touch 10, flat-footed 13
Attack: Shortspear +2 melee (1d8+1, piercing, 20 x3) or bite +2 melee (1d4+1 and poison, bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing, 20 x2) or javelin +1 ranged (1d6+1, piercing, 20 x2, 30 feet x5)
Full Attack: Shortspear +2 melee (1d8+1, piercing, 20 x3) or bite +2 melee (1d4+1 and poison, bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing, 20 x2) or javelin +1 ranged (1d6+1, piercing, 20 x2, 30 feet x5)Space/Reach: 5 feet by 5 feet/5 feet
Special Attacks: Poison
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 feet, snake blooded
Saves: Fortitude +3, Reflex +0, Will -2
Abilities: Str 13, Int 6, Wis 7, Dex 11, Con 13, Cha 8
Skills: Climb +1, Escape Artist +2, Hide +2, Swim +5
Feats: Improved Initiative
Environment: Any underground
Organization: Solitary or gang (2 - 5)Challenge Rating: ½
Alignment: Always chaotic evil
Advancement: By character class
Level Adjustment: +0
Degenerate serpent people fight with no discernible tactics. They act savagely and attack anyone who crosses their path. Very rarely they fall under the sway of a charismatic leader, such as a civilized serpent person sorcerer, who can direct them with simple instructions. Once battle is joined, however, there is no controlling the degenerates. They hurl javelins if they have them, then close to combat.
Degenerate Serpent People as Characters
Nearly all degenerate serpent people that have a class are warriors. A few are barbarians, but none have the mental capacity to use spells of any kind.
- Type: Degenerate serpent people are monstrous humanoids.
- Ability Scores: +2 Strength, +2 Constitution, -4 Intelligence, -4 Wisdom, -2 Charisma.
- Size: Medium.
- Speed: Degenerate serpent people have a base land speed of 30 feet and a swim speed of 15 feet.
- Darkvision: A degenerate serpent person can see in the dark out to 60 feet.
- Scales: A degenerate serpent person's scales gives them a +1 natural armor bonus.
- Bite: A degenerate serpent person has a bite attack that inflicts 1d4 points of damage.
- Poison: A degenerate serpent person's bite attack injects a venom that induces madness. Bite, Fortitude save (DC 10 + Constitution modifier); initial and secondary damage 1d6 temporary Wisdom damage.
- Snake-Blooded: For all effects related to race, a degenerate serpent person is considered a yuan-ti. Degenerate serpent people, for example, are just as vulnerable to special effects that affect only yuan-ti as their yuan-ti masters are, and they can use magic items that are only usable by yuan-ti.
- Degenerate serpent people gain a +4 racial bonus on Escape Artist and Hide checks.
- Automatic Languages: Sulic. Degenerate serpent people are illiterate regardless of class.
- Bonus Languages: Any
- Favored Class: Barbarian.
- Additional Favored Class: Warrior.
- Exclusive Class: None.
- Level Adjustment: +0