You are able to create a mystical performance using chanted verses.
Prerequisites: Bardic music ability, Perform: Chant 1+ ranks or Perform: Poetry 1+ ranks.
Benefit: You are able to use your bardic music abilities to create mystical performances with chants or spoken poetry. Some bardic music abilities require concentration, which means the bard must take a standard action each round to maintain the ability. Even while using bardic music that doesn’t require concentration, a bard cannot cast spells, activate magic items by spell completion (such as scrolls), spell trigger (such as wands), or command word. Just as for casting a spell with a verbal component, a deaf bard has a 20% chance to fail when attempting to use mystic performances via chanting or reciting poetry. If he fails, the attempt still counts against his daily limit. In addition to the abilities listed below, you gain a +2 synergy bonus on Perform checks when using the following mystical performance effects: Chant of Dissipation, Range Increase, Range Inhibitor, Range Magnification, Spell Bounce, and Spell Deflection.
- Instill Strength (Su): A bard with 8 or more ranks in Perform: Chant or Perform: Poetry can use a stirring, chanted rhythm to fill one or more allies with strength. This allows his allied to climb with more vigor, to jump longer distances, and carry more weight. To be affected by the chant, an ally must hear the bard chanting for a full round. The effect persists as long as the bard continues the chant, but ends immediately when the bard ceases his performance or when the target can no longer hear the stirring pulse of the chant. Affected allies receive a +4 morale bonus to all Strength checks and Strength-based skill checks. Instill Strength is a mind-affecting ability.
- Discordant Chant (Su): A bard with 8 or more ranks in Perform: Chant or Perform: Poetry cane use his powerful voice to potentially disrupt the concentration of a single spellcaster. The target of the chant must be within 30 feet of the bard and must be able to hear the bard - deaf creatures are immune to the effect of all chants. During each round in which the bard wishes to attempt to disrupt the concentration of the target, he must make a Perform: Chant or Perform: Poetry skill check. After hearing the chant for a full round, the targeted spellcaster suffers a circumstance penalty equal to (the result of this Perform check - 10) should he need to make a Concentration check during the round. Disorient Chant is a mind-affecting ability.
- Cooperation Chant (Su): A bard with 8 or more ranks in Perform: Chant or Perform: Poetry can use a rhythmic chant filled with verbal cues to coordinate the actions of his allies. After the bard chants for a full round, all allies within 30 feet of the bard may cooperate while the bard continues chanting provided they are all working together on a particular task or attacking a single target.
- Intimidating Chant (Su): A bard of 4th level with 11 or more ranks in Perform: Chant or Perform: Poetry can create a fearsome chant that causes his enemies to hesitate at precisely the wrong moment during a skill check or attack. The target of this chant must be within 30 feet of the bard and within 30 feet of one of the bard's allies. As with the Instill Strength chant, the bard can perform mundane actions while using this chant.
- Chant of the Divine (Su): A bard of 7th level with 14 or more ranks in Perform: Chant or Perform: Poetry can use this ability. Even the most chaotic of divine spellcasters relies on certain rituals and ceremonies to entreat his deity to grant him spells. This chant allows the spellcaster to clear his mind and focus more easily on the task at hand, granting him a closer connection to the divine source of his spells. Only one divine spellcaster may be affected by this chant at a time and he must be within 15 feet of the bard. The bard must chant for a full round before the benefits of this chant are available to the targeted spellcaster.
- Chant of Confinement (Sp): A bard of 11th level with 17 or more ranks in Perform: Chant or Perform: Poetry can use this ability. When directed at a target that previously succumbed to the Intimidating Chant within five rounds prior to the use of this chant, the target is affected as if by a hold person spell cast at the bard's effective caster level. The chant of confinement does not count against the bard's daily limit on bardic music performances, but the Intimidating Chant does. A Will save (DC 10 + ½ the bard's class level + the bard's Charisma modifier) negates this effect. This is a mind-affecting ability.
Home General Rules Special Feats Bard