Small Humanoid (Reptilian)
Speed: 30 feet
Armor Class: 17 (+1 size, +2 Dex, +3 natural, +1 shield), touch AC 13, flat-footed AC 15
Attack: Claw +3 melee (1d3+1, piercing and slashing, 20 x2) or shortsword +3 melee (1d6+1, piercing, 19-20 x2) or shortbow +4 ranged (1d6, piercing, 20 x2, 60 feet x10) or bola +4 ranged (1d3+1, bludgeoning nonlethal or ranged trip, 20 x2)
Full Attack: 2 claws +3 melee (1d3+1, piercing and slashing, 20 x2) and bite +1 melee (1d3, bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing, 20 x2) or shortsword +3 melee (1d6+1, piercing, 19-20 x2) and bite +1 melee (1d3, bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing, 20 x2) or shortbow +4 ranged (1d6, piercing, 20 x2, 60 feet x10) or bola +4 ranged (1d3+1, bludgeoning nonlethal or ranged trip, 20 x2)Space/Reach: 5 feet by 5 feet/5 feet
Special Attacks: Poison use
Special Qualities: Chameleon skin, favored enemy +2 (humanoid/human), hold breath, low-light vision, wild empathy
Saves: Fortitude +3, Reflex +4, Will +0
Abilities: Str 12, Int 8, Wis 11, Dex 15, Con 12, Cha 7
Skills: Balance +5, Climb +4, Hide +14, Jump +4, Move Silently +5, Spot +4, Survival +4, Swim +3Feats: Multiattack, Track
Environment: Temperate marshes
Organization: Solitary, gang (2 - 3), band (5 - 8 plus 1 leader of 3rd - 6th level), or tribe (20 - 40 plus 50% noncombatants plus 2 lieutenants of 3rd - 6th level and 1 leader of 4th - 10th level)Challenge Rating: 1
Treasure: 50% coins; 50% goods
Alignment: Usually neutral
Advancement: By character class
Level Adjustment: +1
Poison dusk lizardfolk are cunning foes. They prefer to avoid physical combat altogether if possible; when striking against a human village, they will often try to poison the water or food supply instead of launching a direct assault. When they do fight, they favor ambushes and clever traps. Bolas and nets are considered to be martial weapons for poison dusks, and they often use these tools to handicap larger foes while archers strike with poisoned arrows.
Poison Dusk Lizardfolk as Characters
Poison dusk characters possess the following racial traits:
- Type: poison dusks are humanoids with the reptilian subtype.
- Ability Scores: +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, -2 Charisma.
- Size: Small. Poison dusk lizardfolk gain a +1 bonus to Armor Class, a +1 bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 bonus on Hide checks, but suffer a -4 penalty on grapple checks, and their lifting and carrying limits are ¾ those of Medium character.
- Speed: Poison dusks have a base land speed of 30 feet.
- Low-light vision: Poison dusks can see twice as far as a human in moonlight,m starlight, torchlight, and similar conditions. They cannot see without a source of light.
- Natural Weapons: 2 claws (1d3) and bite (1d3).
- Natural Armor: +3 natural armor bonus.
- Hold Breath (Ex): A poison dusk lizardfolk can hold its breath for a number of rounds equal to 4 x its Constitution score before it risks drowning (see page 304 of the Dungeon Master's Guide).
- Chameleon Skin (Ex): Poison dusks can adjust the colors of their scales to blend in with their surroundings. When it is not wearing armor, robes, or other covering clothing, a poison dusk lizardfolk gains a +5 racial bonus to Hide checks.
- Weapon Familiarity: Poison dusk lizardfolk treat bolas and nets as martial weapons rather than exotic weapons.
- Racial Skills: A poison dusk lizardfolk has a +4 bonus to Balance, jump, and Swim checks. A poison dusk lizardfolk can apply poison without endangering itself.
- Automatic Languages: Poison dusks speak Sûlic and either Rhadynnic or Sorglish.
- Bonus Languages: Ahaliat, Aralaic, and Kellish
- Favored Class: Scout.
- Additional Favored Class: Expert.
- Exclusive Class: Not Set.
Home Three Worlds Monsters